baumer

2nd Glorious bet thread....Dory will not cross 475....That's just a tattoo I had removed....don't tell me...don't tell me....Finding Dory (fits of drunken laughter).

36 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I know it didn't cross it by a ton, but I'm pretty shocked either of you expected Civil War to miss $400M+ DOM.

Civil War isn't done either. It's finally tally still wouldn't be "crossing it by a ton" but it's going to hit at least $410m+

It's discount, $1 theater, run won't start till near the end of July.

I more so meant even with pretty harsh drops week to week, it still crossed it rather easily. Were they projecting a 60%+ drops or something? Like, if it fared just a little bit better week to week, it easily grosses $415M+ DOM. Now, probably just under $410M DOM. Right around Iron Man 3.

I think I know though... Both just wanted a good reason to donate more cash to the forums. I salute them both. Deep down, they both know this club will fail too.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

Dory's 2nd weekend shaping up to be similar drop as TS3's 2nd weekend. TS3 drops from here on out would result in $528M. That seems high to me, I suspect that Dory's drops will be somewhat higher. Even so, 45% weekly drops would result in $474M.

Count me in for $475M. Baumer said elsewhere that the bet was void if at least 10 people didn't join in, can't let that happen. This is a win-win for the forums, and comes with the added bonus of increasing Baumer's Pixar hate when Dory hustles him out of $100.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Free State of Tele said:

If y'all want to get maximum lulz, 20 people need to sign up (my $100 doesn't overlap Baumer's).

I'm wondering if this is buried in the Speakeasy part of the forums because you or Baumer have lost confidence in Dory falling short of $475M. :P

On 6/24/2016 at 10:29 AM, JohnnyGossamer said:

I more so meant even with pretty harsh drops week to week, it still crossed it rather easily. Were they projecting a 60%+ drops or something? Like, if it fared just a little bit better week to week, it easily grosses $415M+ DOM. Now, probably just under $410M DOM. Right around Iron Man 3.

I think I know though... Both just wanted a good reason to donate more cash to the forums. I salute them both. Deep down, they both know this club will fail too.

I actually think this club has a good chance to succeed.

The thing about doing these clubs when it comes to money for the site, you have to make the number attractive enough to get action.  I realize that if we would have used 425, we still probably would have gotten a lot of action.  So that's my bad.  With this one, I think 475 is a perfect number.  Right now Dory is doing well enough to make it look like 475 is a breeze, but it will face competition and getting a 3.5X is not going to be that easy, especially when you burned off so much at the beginning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'm wondering if this is buried in the Speakeasy part of the forums because you or Baumer have lost confidence in Dory falling short of $475M. :P

I already explained that there are too many stickied threads in the main forum....some had to go.

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

The thing about doing these clubs when it comes to money for the site, you have to make the number attractive enough to get action.  I realize that if we would have used 425, we still probably would have gotten a lot of action.  So that's my bad.  With this one, I think 475 is a perfect number.  Right now Dory is doing well enough to make it look like 475 is a breeze, but it will face competition and getting a 3.5X is not going to be that easy, especially when you burned off so much at the beginning.

All jests aside, I actually agree that 475 is a pretty good number, maybe slightly higher chance of passing it than falling short imo. A higher number wouldn't get enough people to buy in, and a lower number like 425 would be less fun, it's too unlikely that Dory would fall short of that for it to be interesting.

5 hours ago, Baumer said:

I agree that 475 is really the perfect limit and was well choosen for this club.

We will see what happens with competition but the way it's started I really do not see it doing less then 475 now.