cannastop

What's the longest you've gone without seeing a movie in theaters?

I've just realized that I might not see a new release in cinemas until November because my schedule of school and part-time work is too tight to allow for many visits to the inconveniently located multiplexes.

Then I got to thinking: How many people here have gone on dry spells with movies?

For most years from 2006 until this year, I only saw one movie a year in theatres. That's probably pretty rare around here. :lol:

Edit: On closer inspection, my longest gap was from December 2010 (The King's Speech) to July 2012 (Brave).

Edited by Jason

When I was eight my family moved to a different state, I saw Prince of Egypt that december (1998). for some reason we didn't go to the movies for a long time after that. when I saw Attack of the Clones in 2002. so like 3.5 years. I started going to the movies pretty regularly in 2004 though.

I have it logged actually.

2002: 1

2003: 1

2004: 10

2005: 8

2006: 8

2007: 8

2008: 9

2009: 10

2010: 18

2011: 19

2012: 25

2013: 22

2014: 25

2015: 35

2016: 20 (so far) 

When I first began college in 1999, I went a full three months without going to the movies. I saw Bowfinger right before heading off in August and then didn't see anything until coming home for Thanksgiving Break when I saw Toy Story 2 and The World is Not Enough.