Nova

Tuesday: Suicide Squad $14.27M

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

@JohnnyGossamer I think your blinded by hate my man the flim held better than Civil War as well (so far).

There's no math as of yet that sees this flim gross less than 330.

Think about it SS will be at 230 by Monday I think coming out of its 3rd weekend it will be at 300 or very damn close.

I get it everybody is used to DC movies having bad legs but until the legs show on this one judge other fair

It didn't held better than Civil War, it had a better Tuesday than Civil War but that's the nature of Summer releases. With that said, what is impressive is how similar is holding next to Guardians, which is the way better fit film to parallel Squad with. Not because of any similarities, but because of release dates. It's a common misconception when talking about box office, one that I was guilty of when I was learning, but you will catch up. 

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

@JohnnyGossamer I think your blinded by hate my man the flim held better than Civil War as well (so far).

Think about it SS will be at 230 by Monday I think coming out of its 3rd weekend it will be at 300 or very damn close.

I get it everybody is used to DC movies having bad legs but until the legs show on this one judge other fair

Its not holding better than Civil War though. As explained by @iJackSparrow. However besides that god awful Saturday drop, the film is holding its own and has had good holds. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

^^^And... This is why, just as with Ghostbusters, I look forward to a few weeks from now when Suicide Squad's an afterthought and we're discussing movies other stuff. Just nonsense. So many act beneath themselves. And, worse more, neither of you two though, others simply join to with the only intention of slinging mud in favor or against Marvel/DC or the latest SJW fad or what have you...

I liked Ghostbusters a lot and I'll probably own it in blu-ray. Hell I'll probably buy it WITH the old films that I still don't own in blu-ray. I get that Marvel vs DC flame wars is boring as hell, but other than the usual people trying to stir up the pot, we've been having a fair and well reasoned discussion about Suicide Squad so far, in my opinion. I'd actually argue that Suicide Squad so far has the second most interesting box office story of the year, the first one being Deadpool. 

And I'm not sure what you mean with "SJW fad", but if you mean women representation in films, I'm way more down for that than the latest "gamergaters/conservative" fads. I strongly disagree with progressives trying to make Harley a role model like Furiosa right out of bat, because I feel that Harley shouldn't be a role model at all at first, just like Deadpool isn't a role model at all. But that's a whole different discussion altogether. 

11 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

This. Seeing is believing. I'll wait and see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I liked Ghostbusters a lot and I'll probably own it in blu-ray. Hell I'll probably buy it WITH the old films that I still don't own in blu-ray. I get that Marvel vs DC flame wars is boring as hell, but other than the usual people trying to stir up the pot, we've been having a fair and well reasoned discussion about Suicide Squad so far, in my opinion. I'd actually argue that Suicide Squad so far has the second most interesting box office story of the year, the first one being Deadpool. 

And I'm not sure what you mean with "SJW fad", but if you mean women representation in films, I'm way more down for that than the latest "gamergaters/conservative" fads. I strongly disagree with progressives trying to make Harley a role model like Furiosa right out of bat, because I feel that Harley shouldn't be a role model at all at first, just like Deadpool isn't a role model at all. But that's a whole different discussion altogether. 

I mean the folks that take SJW stuff beyond a reasonable level just for the sake baiting. Not you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Its not holding better than Civil War though. As explained by @iJackSparrow. However besides that god awful Saturday drop, the film is holding its own and has had good holds. 

And I find that exciting. I want to see more of the Squad. I need a Harley film to happen before Affleck's Batman. Regardless how well handled Affleck can do it, I want Harley to shine on her own and beat Joker BEFORE Batman does it. It'll be controversial, but I think all characters will benefit for it. Harley beating Joker will make him vengeful and even more vicious. That's the Joker that I want to see going against Affleck, not Joker with Harley as his henchwoman that turns 'good' somewhere in the film. 

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

And I find that exciting. I want to see more of the Squad. I need a Harley film to happen before Affleck's Batman. Regardless how well handled Affleck can do it, I want Harley to shine on her own and beat Joker BEFORE Batman does it. It'll be controversial, but I think all characters will benefit for it. Harley beating Joker will make him vengeful and even more vicious. That's the Joker that I want to see going against Affleck, not Joker with Harley as his henchwoman that turns 'good' somewhere in the film. 

I didn't like Suicide Squad at all but the only thing i want from it is a Harley Quinn film in some capacity. Whether its Harley Quinn paired up with Poison Ivy or Harley Quinn and the Joker. I want a Harley Quinn film god damn it. 

Just now, Nova said:

I didn't like Suicide Squad at all but the only thing i want from it is a Harley Quinn film in some capacity. Whether its Harley Quinn paired up with Poison Ivy or Harley Quinn and the Joker. I want a Harley Quinn film god damn it. 

Why not Harley AND Ivy? I just need it to go personal and have Harley beating the crap out of Joker. Both characters need that in order to evolve. Harley will evolve even more so than she did on previous iterations of the characters by doing that, Joker will go to a terrible place where he'll blame Batman more than anything. I want a Joker out of his rope against a Batman that just "recovered" from his "Jason Todd phase", if you know what I mean. I want a rated r break up showdown in physical and psychological level between Harley and Joker. I want a break up valentine film for Harley just like Deadpool was a valentine film. Then we can have Arkham. 

@iJackSparrow I was talking about its mon&Tues drops .You all are so focused on that Friday to Saturday drop your forgetting the big picture.

I joined this site's in March looking for a non-bias site with conversation but I see this site have more trolls then Superherohype.com.

This is why I observe 95% of the time you can't reason with hate.

Let's not forget this flim opened to 40mil more than gotg and it's running nearly identical numbers, until ss falls off its on pace to 350+ you have to give credit when it's do.

If it holds less than 60% next week I surely hope you all get on the right track.

#keepitreal

Ivy can play a way more bad ass version of Weasel to Harley. And also the romantic interest for her. Hell throw Deadshot there while you're at it. One of the coolest things about Harley is that she's a LGBT friendly character that goes both ways. Make her have two "romantic interests" instead of one, and she ends up with the two, sort like it is in the comics right now. The potential is there and the story writes itself. I need Harley to beat the crap out of Joker before he getting locked in Arkham. Hell maybe both can end up in Arkham, and she can be a wildcard in the Batman Arkham film. See, that's what is awesome about the Squad. I'm genuinely excited for where they can go next, and other than Wonder Woman and maybe Wan's Aquaman, that's more than I can say about anything DCEU right now, although that seeing that Supes will fly solo made me very happy. Hopefully they will get people that actually understand the character this time around.  

3 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

@iJackSparrow I was talking about its mon&Tues drops .You all are so focused on that Friday to Saturday drop your forgetting the big picture.

I joined this site's in March looking for a non-bias site with conversation but I see this site have more trolls then Superherohype.com.

This is why I observe 95% of the time you can't reason with hate.

Let's not forget this flim opened to 40mil more than gotg and it's running nearly identical numbers, until ss falls off its on pace to 350+ you have to give credit when it's do.

If it holds less than 60% next week I surely hope you all get on the right track.

#keepitreal

I'm not focused on the Fri-Sat drops. I think they were normal. I'm focused on the Guardians and Squad release dates, since release dates is way more important than you are realizing right now. You'll get the picture eventually if you stick around. Don't create imaginary "enemies", mate. 

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

@JohnnyGossamer Your already seeing my man its up to you to believe.

This weekend will tell a lot. I'll believe $330M+ IF it dips less than 65%. Early numbers, Monday and Tuesday included, were pretty impressive for BatSupes too. Again, it's very early.

2 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Stop the persecution complex. It might fly on comicbookmovie.com, but not here.

So, people can spew shit claiming the movie was screwed once the "toxic" word of mouth kicked in and it's ok? Good to know. I'll remember that come the weekend of November 4th.