Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

8 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

I'm legit shocked that not only did Sausage Party open up amazing, but it's even getting great reviews on R?!  I might actually go see this movie. Has anyone here seen it yet?

It's absolutely hilarious. If you're into raunchy and crude comedy you'll love it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goffe said:

It's successful in the sense that it will bring tons of profit for Disney, but it is not that successful in the sense that it dropped 50 million from AoU (which already dropped almost 170m from TA) despite near perfect reception. And all these films were kindly received by audiences, imagine when they actually produce a bad movie.

Don't get me wrong, the MCU is still is a great place, box office wise, but CW performance should signal a red light. 

LOL and it increased 100m+ from Cap 3. Not buying that it was supposed to make more than AOU. I figured it should be right there with IM3 or just above it.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatOneSausage said:

I can't wait for the weekend of August 26.  By that point, enough of the people that frequent the forum for superhero discussion will be gone and it'll be peaceful and quiet.  Especially because that weekend has 3 uninteresting new releases.

Dont Breathe looks great. Dont even remember what are the other two lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nova said:

It's absolutely hilarious. If you're into raunchy and crude comedy you'll love it. 

Sounds like my gig to me! I'll have to convince some friends to see it. Wow, I always had an image of this being such a pathetic joke and a complete trash movie. It's legit a 180 how this film has been reviewed and it's opening weekend.

3 minutes ago, ThatOneSausage said:

I can't wait for the weekend of August 26.  By that point, enough of the people that frequent the forum for superhero discussion will be gone and it'll be peaceful and quiet.  Especially because that weekend has 3 uninteresting new releases.

Are you kidding me? I'm going to be super zealot for Hands of Stone and Don't Breathe!

Just now, CJohn said:

Dont Breathe looks great. Dont even remember what are the other two lol.

BEN-HUR remake next week is all you need

Starring Morgan Freeman with dreads, Paulo as Jesus and Mr. Megabomb himself Toby Kebbell

• Like 1

It does, but it's not exactly gonna start fanboy wars and cause a massive ruckus that goes on for 100+ pages :lol: 

True. That thread will probably be lucky to get 30 pages lol.

• Like 1

Next weekend should get at least 70 pages.  Analysis of Sausage Party legs, SS legs, and PD legs, combined with 3 new wide releases that all seem somewhat interesting in their own ways.

Pshh, 65 pages of Marvel vs DC and 5 pages of Ben-Hur jokes

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

BEN-HUR remake next week is all you need

Starring Morgan Freeman with dreads, Paulo as Jesus and Mr. Megabomb himself Toby Kebbell

100M budget. What a time to be Paramount. The money coming from all the hits must be flooding the studio right now. 

• Like 1