DAJK

Weekend Actuals: Sully 35M, WTBB 14.2M, DB 8.25M, SS 5.72M

IDR below 400 WW is shocking. Let alone WW, would be hardpressed to think that it would do less than 400 OS before the release.

I for one was expecting 400 from Dom and China combined, on track for 700 WW.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, a2knet said:

nice!  freaking nailed it.  compared Fri sales to Saturday sales at my theater and knew it was pacing for that number.  glad it came through.  I'll bet actuals are higher than estimated for the Sunday number.  no way the drop is 45%, the target demo isn't as interested in NFL and the games won't prevent them from seeing the film.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lobogotti said:

nice!  freaking nailed it.  compared Fri sales to Saturday sales at my theater and knew it was pacing for that number.  glad it came through.  I'll bet actuals are higher than estimated for the Sunday number.  no way the drop is 45%, the target demo isn't as interested in NFL and the games won't prevent them from seeing the film.

Every demo is interested in football on opening day, with the exception of maybe women.  The drop will more than likely be between 42-45%

10 minutes ago, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

Every demo is interested in football on opening day, with the exception of maybe women.  The drop will more than likely be between 42-45%

well the target audience for this film is heavy in the 55+ for women.  true, NFL does hurt most demos, Walk in the Woods last year did fall 41%, but I feel Sully will do a tad better because of the exposure.  I think it will be estimated around your numbers, but ultimately feel it can avoid a drop of 40% or over.  something to look forward to.  regardless, quite a win for the film.  it will run hard and is going to blow away expectations.

And we're off

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice
BAD MOMS makes an estimated $2.83M weekend, down 40.6%, for $107.53M total through seven weekends. #BadMoms

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice
THE DISAPPOINTMENTS ROOM makes an estimated $1.40M opening weekend. #TheDisappointmentsRoom
Edited by No Prisoners

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

IDR below 400 WW is shocking. Let alone WW, would be hardpressed to think that it would do less than 400 OS before the release.

I for one was expecting 400 from Dom and China combined, on track for 700 WW.

Making a movie that wasn't a near total piece of shit would've been a good start.

• Like 3