iceroll

The Voice Season 2

Omfg. I'm glad for Juliet. I want her to win, and I'm sure she will.WTF ADAM. WTF. She won the fucking vote. After weeks of being in the bottom and possibly having the smallest fanbase, Katrina Parker pulled a shocking by winning America's votes.Unfortunately, Adam gave Tony twenty more points, which gave him the win.Pathetic. I am so pissed.

• Like 1

Katrina was robbed. America came through for her which was a nice surprise but even more gut-wrenching since Adam skewed the votes for Tony.I'm happy that Juliet made it through although I'm very sad for Jamar. It was tough to see him so shattered and disappointed in Cee-Lo when he gave his explanation as to why he gave Juliet 60-40. I think his reasoning was the most sound: she gave a better performance than Jamar last night and so that's why he chose her.

I think Christina was the ultimate reason Adam had Tony go through. She's a bitch to Adam (and everyone else,) and she's obviously bothered by Tony, so I wouldn't be surprised if Adam did it just to piss her off because of what she said in the critiques, telling people to vote for Katrina and such.I don't really think it mattered who went from Adam's team anyway, be it Katrina or Tony. I think it's pretty obvious that Juliet will win.

I think Christina was the ultimate reason Adam had Tony go through. She's a bitch to Adam (and everyone else,) and she's obviously bothered by Tony, so I wouldn't be surprised if Adam did it just to piss her off because of what she said in the critiques, telling people to vote for Katrina and such.I don't really think it mattered who went from Adam's team anyway, be it Katrina or Tony. I think it's pretty obvious that Juliet will win.

You're probably right on both accounts. The selfish part of me wanted to see Katrina another week though.For the most part, my opinions of the coaches have changed big time since last season:Adam - great instincts with blind auditions but stupid choices in battle rounds or live showsCee-Lo - sometimes blinded by girls but ultimately will come through with the most talentedChristina - A gamer although I think she played the game a bit too hard and sending home her most consistent artist in Jesse probably sealed her fate this season.Blake - doesn't know what the hell to do other than with folksy, younger voicesI would like to see 4 new judges for next season. It's more interesting than knowing what Blake's type of singer is, seeing Christina bitch non-stop, hearing Cee-Lo's monologue each week or watching Adam giving excruciatingly long speeches to his contestants.

Well I actually do that matters either. Katrina definitely worked harder to get where she was, and Tony got a free ride. It makes no sense to me. Katrina kept improving and improving. I'm afraid she won't get a recording deal because of this.Tony had also always been a frontrunner, so for Katrina to finally beat him in votes means she had a big increase in fans.Maybe Katrina would have scored runner up, while Tony now has a chance of being dead last. Edited by SantanaLopez

That's not exactly fair to say Tony got a free ride, like he did badly or just coasted through without doing anything. We can speculate all we want but we don't know Adam's real reasoning. He also gave HIS points before the audience vote was revealed.I honestly don't think any of them will do much of anything. They are all too similar to other artists, aside from maybe Juliet. Katrina is very Adele-ish, Tony is Jason Mraz/John Mayer/etc, Chris is... not going to make it in pop unless he goes Buble on us and how many of those can be out at once? Juliet has a voice that people either love or hate.

That's not exactly fair to say Tony got a free ride, like he did badly or just coasted through without doing anything. We can speculate all we want but we don't know Adam's real reasoning. He also gave HIS points before the audience vote was revealed.I honestly don't think any of them will do much of anything. They are all too similar to other artists, aside from maybe Juliet. Katrina is very Adele-ish, Tony is Jason Mraz/John Mayer/etc, Chris is... not going to make it in pop unless he goes Buble on us and how many of those can be out at once? Juliet has a voice that people either love or hate.

Oh I know, but I just makes me feel like Katrina was a pawn in Adam's game like Casey was. I truly thought Adam wasn't going to do that. She had been showing more and more of what she was capable. Thus, people began to fall for her and respond to her. I mean for her to beat out the favorite from the start (in Adam's team) in votes? He already had a big fanbase, so that's what also made me mad. That people finally went for her, and it was like it was almost for nothing. It sucks that Adam had to do that.Katrina had a fantastic performance. Top 3 of the live shows, and the same goes for last week. I doubt it had to do with Christina, but if it did then that makes me even more angry.Really? I don't think her voice is that similar. In fact, I don't think that at all. I only think they're similar in how they dressed her. Anyways, I wanted her and Juliet for the final two. Hope Juliet wins. Love her. I could care less about Tony. I don't what it is, but he comes off as cocky sometimes? I don't know.Also, I thought Christina was being honest. She really gets a lot of unnecessary hate for that. The only thing that bothers me at times is how she interrupts.

Really? I don't think her voice is that similar. In fact, I don't think that at all. I only think they're similar in how they dressed her. Anyways, I wanted her and Juliet for the final two. Hope Juliet wins. Love her.

You read my mind. :)
  • Like 1

I didn't say her voice is similar. The look and the type of music would be similar enough to the American public, is all I'm saying.Christina may have been being honest, but she very obviously directed unnecessary vitriol Tony's way that most of the time never had to do with his performance. She'd even go out of her way to backhand him in critiquing other contestants' performances. Not to mention how she ends up bringing every single critique of every contestant back to her somehow. "When *I* sang that..." etc etc.She bitches about Tony having famous friends rooting for him when 1.) he isn't the only contestant that has that and 2.) the hypocrite turned around and yesterday Re-Tweeted Josh Groban voicing his support for Chris Mann. So it's okay for a contestant to have celebrity endorsers as long as it's her own contestant, right?I don't care who wins because as American Idol has shown in the past, whether they win or not, the truly special end up making it on their own anyhow just from the exposure of the show. I mean, how many AI winners have done absolutely nothing, but a lot of the runners-up have?

Meh, the only person I really enjoyed was Lindsey, I'm a big fan of her voice and style. That said, they'll all likely go on to make mediocrity written for them anyhow. I loved Dia Frampton last season, but her new material just isn't there. I honestly somebody who's a truly talented singer/songwriter is better off without these shows getting them into the homogenized pop market we have nowadays.

I'm finding it hard to keep interest in this, I stopped watching about 3 weeks ago. I kind of agree with this article "As 'Idol' gets more compelling, 'The Voice' gets less compelling" http://entertainment...l-vs-the-voice/

I just connect with the contestants on The Voice as much as I do with Idol. You never really get to know them as people, so it's harder to care about how good their performances are or if they get eliminated.

I agree with that too. I loved KA

I didn't say her voice is similar. The look and the type of music would be similar enough to the American public, is all I'm saying.Christina may have been being honest, but she very obviously directed unnecessary vitriol Tony's way that most of the time never had to do with his performance. She'd even go out of her way to backhand him in critiquing other contestants' performances. Not to mention how she ends up bringing every single critique of every contestant back to her somehow. "When *I* sang that..." etc etc.She bitches about Tony having famous friends rooting for him when 1.) he isn't the only contestant that has that and 2.) the hypocrite turned around and yesterday Re-Tweeted Josh Groban voicing his support for Chris Mann. So it's okay for a contestant to have celebrity endorsers as long as it's her own contestant, right?I don't care who wins because as American Idol has shown in the past, whether they win or not, the truly special end up making it on their own anyhow just from the exposure of the show. I mean, how many AI winners have done absolutely nothing, but a lot of the runners-up have?

Ahh okay, and yeah. I agree. I love Xtina, but she needs to learn that.Really? I'm not into Idol because girls keep voting for the cute guy. I hope Jessica or Hollie takes that. That's what worried me with the Voice. It started to happen with Pip and Tony. They're both attractive IMO, but not that attractive. So I was glad when Adam eliminated Pip. As much as I liked Pip, he was the worst.Yes yes yes. That's why I love Katrina. I think she'd be a great writer. That and she knows what works for her. :3 Oh well. All I can do is mourn her elimination. :c

Tony did the Hugo version of Jay-Z's "99 Problems" for his solo song. This bitch has the gall to say in her critique that the song is degrading to women (it's NOT.)THEN she got up onstage with Chris Mann going on about how he's a REAL man, etc etc. So basically she was trying to turn Tony into this sexist bastard just to try and help Chris win.And to top it all off, when Tony was doing his last song, the judge's tribute (Maroon5's "Harder to Breathe") she was ON HER CELL PHONE THE ENTIRE TIME and didn't even acknowledge the performance.None of the other judges would EVER pull crap like that or disrespect the other judges' contestants. It's ridiculous, immature and unprofessional.Judging from what I've seen online, her bitchassness on this show and her antics tonight have cost her a lot of fans. Including me. I'll never give her another dime.

Omg really? I love her.I do find the song degrading, but yeah.The only thing that bothers me from what you said, is the Chris Mann thing. Wasn't Tony's family there? Wtf...Hasn't someone else done it?To be honest, a part of me thinks this is fixed. I don't what you all think, but I wouldn't be surprised.

1) The song isn't even about women. If you listen to or read the lyrics it's obvious. There's nothing derogatory about it. http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jayz/99problems.html Read the verses. He explains a "bitch" as being a complaint, a K9 unit dog, and then a "bitch" guy with no sense. The chorus says girl problems, but still isn't referring to women as "bitches."2) They changed up the lyrics that Tony sang so the original context where they say "bitch" wasn't even really there. He covered the Hugo version from Youtube.You have no problem with her texting throughout his entire performance & thank you to everyone?