iceroll

The Voice Season 2

It's the same in the UK. This is absolutely huge in every country it seems now. Danny O'Donoghue, Jessie J, Sir Tom Jones and will.i.am are the judges. Britain's Got Talent is in trouble here. The Voice beat it in ratings, with a peak viewership of a huge 12m.

Edited by Heretic

• Community Manager

If you guys want, go ahead and create a thread for the Australian show and if there's interest then the UK one.. I just think this thread should be reserved for the American version.

The first season just started on Sunday here in Australia - massive success!Some of the people who auditioned have had crazy attention, including magazine stories and current affairs shows - and so they should be!Check these out (the second one almost had me in tears, BEFORE THE SHOCK WAS REVEALED!)http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-QdjnA2vtIhttp://video.au.msn....en-rose/xc3k2vd

Is there a way to see that video outside of Australia? I'm kind of addicted to watching her audition and I want to see it in whole. Also, did she release a studio version of that song?

It's the same in the UK. This is absolutely huge in every country it seems now. Danny O'Donoghue, Jessie J, Sir Tom Jones and will.i.am are the judges. Britain's Got Talent is in trouble here. The Voice beat it in ratings, with a peak viewership of a huge 12m.

The Voice more then doubled the ratings for Australia's Got Talent on Monday night(they were on at the same time). These are from the 5 mainland capitals which have a total population of 15 million people.The VoiceSunday- 2,177,000Monday- 2,541,000 (highest rating show of the year so far) Tuesday- 2,372,000 Australia's Got TalentMonday- 1,196,000Tuesday- 980,000Wednesday- 1,392,000

Much better show than last week's.Loved: JamarLiked: Katrina, Juliet, TonyOK: Mathai, PipDisliked: James, CheesaI agree with the eliminations tonight. I really hope Adam saves Katrina over Mathai (Tony's a shoe-in for America's vote.) Jamar and Juliet has to be Cee-Lo's final 2. I cannot wait to see how those 2 will duke it out next week and hope Cee-Lo doesn't get blinded by his love for his diva. If Cheesa gets saved over one of those 2, I'll be pissed.

Tonight really separated the amazing from the good and the ugly.1. Katrina (10/10) - She was outstanding. I got chills. Love everything about her: her look, her voice and her gracious personality. She was the only one I really wanted to listen to a second time. This performance reminded me of her blind audition and why I thought she could win. She has an amazing tone in her voice that is mesmerizing and hypnotic to listen to.2. Juliet (10/10) - While I've been advocating for Jamar the whole time, Juliet beat him cleanly this round. She rocked.3. Jamar (9/10) - That's the first time I've really heard his voice without Bandzilla masking his voice and he was really good. Him, Katrina and Juliet are the ones to beat.4. Tony (8/10) - Tony did well. His performance brought me back to his blind audition and why I enjoyed him so much. Even though he upped his game, Katrina upped hers even more.5. Lindsey (7/10) - I liked this. It went well with her voice but it also confirmed that I just don't care for her voice that much. That being said, she did better than the others IMO.6. Chris (5/10) - It started off great and then fell off by the 2nd verse. I think he has a pretty voice that's not made for opera. Maybe contemporary opera would be the way to go with him but seeing him sing this classic told me that he should stay away from the opera classics because his voice is not good enough.7. Jermaine (4/10) - This is Jermaine's shtick. Blake chooses old classics for him to sing and he turns the melody into something unrecognizable. You either like it or you don't. I don't. It also didn't help when his higher notes were terrible: thin, screechy and sharp.8. Erin (1/10) - She was painful. Painful to listen to in the lower register and in the higher register. Her high notes sound sharp all the time and she had some truly cringeworthy moments in the song. Closest to a dreadful performance tonight.Can we have a final 4 that is only Team Cee-Lo and Team Adam?

• Like 1

Can we have a final 4 that is only Team Cee-Lo and Team Adam?

YASSS. That would be very nice. Too bad Blake and Christina's mediocre teams have to have a representative.And I don't know if Tony Lucca pissed in Christina's morning Cheerio's or what, but she just can't help but be a bitch to him. But then she's shown very much on this show that she just plain IS a bitch. I'm gonna have to just ignore her personally and only listen to her music. If I don't I'll hate her.

I think once they hit the semi-finals it should be a free for all. The format is causing crappy singers to advance further than some great. Hopefully next year great singers will realize it's in their best interest to go Team Blake since he had all duds this year.