iceroll

The Voice Season 2

Adam sucks at picking in the battle rounds. Chris Cauley >> Tony Lucca. I am so glad Adley is gone. Couldn't stand her pageant mama. Anthony Evans was robbed. He was so much better than Jesse during the battle round performance. Angie was also robbed. I guess slutting up the competition is better than good singing. The only good thing tonight was Chris Mann going through.Brian Fuente got screwed over. Stupid Blake.This is why I hate battle rounds.

I thought Chris was great, but Tony was also good. You see Adam doesn't suck at choosing. Adam's all about strategy. He knows what he's doing. He's won before with the same strategy. He knows what works and what will make it easier for him. I liked Adley, she was much better than Raelynn. I though Raelynn was good at the auditions, but not here. Angie was so robbed. Chessa sounds weird to me. Like she's pushing way too much. Like she has to force it to come out of her. Angie was much better. I also hate Chessa's attitude. She seems like one big bitch.Monique was amazing, but I see why Chris was chosen. He's amazing too.

I thought Chris was great, but Tony was also good. You see Adam doesn't suck at choosing. Adam's all about strategy. He knows what he's doing. He's won before with the same strategy. He knows what works and what will make it easier for him.I liked Adley, she was much better than Raelynn. I though Raelynn was good at the auditions, but not here.Angie was so robbed. Chessa sounds weird to me. Like she's pushing way too much. Like she has to force it to come out of her. Angie was much better. I also hate Chessa's attitude. She seems like one big bitch.Monique was amazing, but I see why Chris was chosen. He's amazing too.

No, he sucks in the battle rounds. I don't care if he loads up the best talent. It happened last year and is happening again this year. Dude cannot pick the right person unless if it is obvious. And this is coming from someone who likes Tony.Chessa sounds like a man growling when she sings. Not to mention that I think she sluts up wherever she goes/walks. The hair-flipping, diva attitude, the way she dresses.

No, he sucks in the battle rounds. I don't care if he loads up the best talent. It happened last year and is happening again this year. Dude cannot pick the right person unless if it is obvious. And this is coming from someone who likes Tony.Chessa sounds like a man growling when she sings. Not to mention that I think she sluts up wherever she goes/walks. The hair-flipping, diva attitude, the way she dresses.

I guess, but that's your opinion. I don't think he's that good. I would have picked Tony though. And Adam's okay at picking. Cee Lo is the worst when it comes to the battle rounds.

Watched last week's episode today. This show is really great. The two guys battling at the end on Christina's team were amazing. I also like the guy who sings with classical style alot too.Adam seems really wishy washy. He's always like "ohhhh it's so hard, you were great, then I thought you were great, I don't know who to pick!"

Battle Rounds - Night 3Nathan Parrett vs. Pip - Stupid Adam, I hated this match-up. More on that later. I didn't care for either one but if I had to choose between one, I would have picked Pip. Nathan's voice is mediocre while Pip has some tones that are nice to listen to.Erin Martin vs. The Shields Brothers - Entertaining. I LOL'd several times during the song. It was totally obvious that Cee-Lo was gonna pick Erin. Vocally and performance-wise for me, The Shields Brothers took this.Jermaine Paul vs. AlyX - AlyX dominated and overshadowed Jermaine by far. I really don't know what Blake was thinking here. AlyX.Jonathas vs. Ashley De La Rosa - Ashley overpowered Jonathas and she really tried to stand out. Jonathas struggled and was off-key most of the song. Ashley's pitch wasn't the greatest but Jonathas did nothing to showcase his voice whereas Ashley did some awesome notes/runs with her voice. I also think she might be one to watch out for. Ashley hands down.Katrina Parker vs. Angel Taylor - If you don't want to choose, why put them together, Adam? You put two weaker singers in Nathan Parrett and Pip head to head but you decided that Katrina should go up against Angel. It's really sad that Angel got cut because she doesn't deserve to get cut over the other two tonight. Back to the battle, Katrina stood out a lot with her voice. She was really good and she tried to push her voice. Angel's voice got lost in the song a bit. Katrina hands down.Erin Willett vs. Gwen Sebastien - I thought Gwen's voice had more ring to it and was more pronounced. Erin's voice isn't standout great or unique enough to make it. It sucks that her dad died at the time but I think Blake gave it to her out of pity. Gwen for me.3-3 record this episode.Last 4 of Adam's singers yet to battle are Mathai, Orlando Napier, Karla Davis and Nicolle Galyon. And I really like all of them. Shoot. Naia vs. Jordan Rager on Team Blake. I really like both of them too. Why do the judges do this?

I am fuming.Adam is so stupid. I know I sound like a broken record here but he put two of his best singers (Orlando and Karla) against each other. He deserves all the criticisms that he gets for putting them together! The battle was awesome but I think Orlando won it. I really liked Karla too. She should have moved on in a different battle pairing. I really wish both could have gone through. Instead we are stuck with Pip.I was shocked by Justin and how easily he won his battle over Tony. His voice had heart and emotion while Tony's falsetto/chest voice seemed forced. Imagine my surprise when Cee-Lo picked Tony! Justin was robbed.Oh, Naia and Jordan both should have gone on. Jordan is certainly better than Raelynn.

I'm just happy battle rounds are over. They were getting pretty damn repetitive. Bring on Live Rounds!

Hear Hear. Only 4 or 5 more weeks to the finish line.ContendersJamar (Team Cee-Lo)Katrina (Team Adam)Sera (Team Christina)Pip (Team Adam)Jordis (Team Blake)Naia (Team Blake)Juliet (Team Cee-Lo)Mathai (Team Adam)Not quite there yet, but possible winnersKarla (Team Adam)Charlotte (Team Blake)James (Team Cee-Lo)Chris (Team Christina)Pretendersthe rest. Edited by Bluebomb

The Voice - Team Blake & Christina

1. Jermaine Paul - Got swallowed by the band. His voice doesn't stand out enough. Good technical singer but always tries to grunt to add some grit to his voice. (4/10)

2. Chris Mann - I like the song but I don't get why Christina picked this song for Chris. He has one of the best technical voices in the competition but this song requires simplicity rather than vocal gymnastics. I thought his rendition ruined the song for me. It was too messy. Really disappointed as he was one of only 2 that I liked from Christina's team in the blind auditions. (3/10)

3. RaeLynn - She uses her country twang way too much. It gets overused to the point that I can't understand what she is singing. I can't believe Jordan got cut over her. Stupid decision by Blake. (0/10)

4. Moses Stone - I agree with Adam. He has a voice that he doesn't use nearly enough. Also, the sing/rap combo is getting old. He has to just sing a song otherwise he's going to become a gimmick really fast. Great stage presence but didn't hear enough vocals. (2.5/10)

5. Naia Kete - I was worried that her voice would crack when she was singing. A bit shaky but her shakiness emits 10,000x more vulnerability than most of the singers in the competition. There were some moments of brilliance mixed in with some rough patches. I still like her but I hope Blake is able to find 'the song' for her as I still think she can pull out something fantastic. Disagree with Christina on Naia needing to be more Reggae. Blake was right that she needed to stay closer to the melody and I'm glad she heeded his advice. (6/10)

6. Lindsey Pavao - I didn't like her in blind auditions or in the battle round. This performance surprised me though. I think she had pitch problems that were glossed over by the judges. She has a unique voice but the quirkiness is going to get old. Good performance and good vocals. (7.5/10)

7. Jordis Unga - A bit shouty in her upper register but Jordis has returned for the most part. She looked pretty confident and her singing was very good except for the shouty moments. Hard song to sing but she pulled it off. (7/10)

8. Sera Hill - I didn't like this song choice on her. Her voice is big but this song requires a voice that is more unique and limited in range to pull it off in my opinion. No wonder she couldn't do much with this song. Her voice just kind of sounded all over the place. Her voice is still good though. (5/10)

9. Erin Willett - Vocally good but to me there's no emotional connection so it falls flat. I really wish Cee-Lo would stop mentioning her dad. He's already been dead for x months. Stop reminding her. (5.5/10)

10. Ashley De La Rosa - Finally, this show really gets going. She was one of the few that didn't get swallowed up by the band when performing a more lively song. Vocally very good and she owned the stage. She is really blossoming. (8.5/10)

11. Charlotte Sometimes - I wasn't sure of her rearranging the song when she said it in the package but WOW, she pulled it off with her voice. One or two flat notes but very good vocally. I thought she was the only one to really connect to the song. Great dynamics and her unique voice enhanced the song rather than mangled it. Fantastic. (9/10)

12. Jesse Campbell - Christina was so wrong. If he wants people to connect to this song, it has to be sung in a simple manner and to the original. Adding all those runs and trills killed the song. He has a more lively voice than this song but What A Wonderful World needs to be sung to the melody. Twisting the song destroyed his whole performance for me. He reminds me of Javier Colon but in a bad way. This guy just can't stop twisting a whole song till it's unnoticeable. (1/10)

Rankings

1. Charlotte

2. Ashley

3. Lindsey

4. Jordis

5. Naia

6. Erin

7. Sera

8. Jermaine

9. Chris

10. Moses

11. Jesse

12. RaeLynn

Wow you got some pretty harsh ratings lol. I thought most of the contestants were pretty medicore last night, but it was mostly due to poor song choice and arrangement. The American Idol contestants are much more talented at this point IMO.

Wow you got some pretty harsh ratings lol. I thought most of the contestants were pretty medicore last night, but it was mostly due to poor song choice and arrangement. The American Idol contestants are much more talented at this point IMO.

Yeah, song choice killed more than half of the performers.

Are these the final top 12? Are there are another 12 coming up tonight? What happened to the kid from Boston? Last I saw he won his Battle Round...

No, there's 24 singers in the competition. 6 singers from each team. These 12 singers are from Team Blake and Christina. Adam and Cee-Lo's teams of 6 will perform next week. I think tonight is the results show for Team Blake and Christina. Edited by Bluebomb

Results show was a trainwreck. The top 3 on Blake's team were actually my bottom 3 for the night. Cannot believe Charlotte Sometimes is gone. She did great on Misery Business. Too bad she gave up in the sing-off along with Naia. Jordis deserved to go through based on the sing-off alone. Blake's team is pretty bland now. Especially RaeLynn. She cannot get off my screen fast enough.Did not like the people who advanced on Christina's team either except for Lindsey but I still have reservations about her. I really cannot stand Jesse. He's too cocky, unlike Javier last year who was confident but wasn't outwardly challenging other contestants to match him. I like Chris and I'm glad he survived but I hated his rendition of Bridge Over Troubled Water. I would have saved Sera instead of Ashley because I think Sera's a better vocalist and did better with the sing-off than Ashley but Ashley did pretty well on Monday so I'm not that angry that Christina chose her.If this is what the results show is going to be like, then I'm pretty sure that Tony Vincent (Broadway bald rocker) is going through on Team Cee-Lo next week regardless of performance.

Thought it was pretty entertaining. Raelynn goes "OH SHIT!" when her name is called :lol:I really liked that girl's rendition of "Somebody I Used to Know" even though she herself seems a little psycho. The classical singer is cool too.@Bluebomb- I thought you were Chinese? Are you living in America, or streaming the show?