iceroll

The Voice Season 2

I just watched the episode that aired after the Superbowl. I'm really impressed with the talent so far, IMO at least 2 of the contestants today were better than anyone from American Idol so far. The judges are also hilarious and have great interactions with each other.

• Community Manager

I watched it too.. that was cool about the guy in the Mickey Mouse club. This is a good show. I liked the guy singing Italian, and the girl with the husky voice.

Although the re-union felt very scripted or at least very rehearsed.

Tony Lucca was the best of the night. It was awkward when Christina didn't recognize him at first. Female rocker was ok although I don't see her really doing much outside of that area. Jesse had some nice tones but he was a little off pitch here and there, not to mention that I think Elliott Yamin's A Song For You is the greatest American Idol performance of all time. Country girl is nothing special. I thought the opera singer was going to get cut. So glad he got picked, he did great!

I was kind of fan-girling over Tony Lucca a bit. I remember being in love with him on MMC back in '93-'94, lol. Although his voice has improved A LOT since then.I loved Tony (obviously,) and really liked the rocker girl. Jessie was great, but I agree with Bluebomb, I either hold it up to the original or Elliott Yamin's rendition. Hard to compare with those two.This isn't really Tony so much as JC Chasez, but you can at least see him back then (on guitar, backup vocals):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7LLWLr2_TwETA: :lol: at baby!Spears coming up at the end

Edited by Cozmees Everdeen

Auditions part 2The Line - Not great. I heard a lot of flat notes but they are certainly better than Elenowen. (4.5/10). NO.Jamar Rogers - This guy was impressive. Rock and R&B mixed in. WOW. Cee-Lo definitely lucked out with this one. Technically sound and great energy. Good dynamics as well. I would definitely choose him. (9/10) YES.Neal Middleton - Wrong song choice. Didn't show any dynamics and was always going full speed. Not much diversity with his voice. (1.5/10) NO.Gwen Sebastien - I thought she struggled with this song. Breathy and too much imitation for my tastes but she was mostly in tune. (5/10) NO.Pamela Rose - Was flat and sharp in places. Too nervous and her voice isn't unique. (2/10) NO.Kim Yarbrough - I'm on the fence with this one. I liked some parts of her voice and didn't like others. Was very good technically. (6/10) No.Angie Johnson - Tough song to sing but she did it well. It sounded like her voice was going to get drowned out by the music but she sang loud enough that it didn't happen. Really good. Another steal for Cee Lo. (8.5/10) YES.Dez Duron - His voice kinda sounds like Adam's. I didn't like the song choice but his voice is trainable. He sang it quite well IMO. Really surprised no one took him but I think he'll be back later on. (7/10) YES.Lindsey Pavao - Sounded like a crappier version of Dia Frampton. Shouty and tried to cover up her off pitch notes with wispy sounds. Don't like her voice either. She was smart to choose Christina after Blake's screwup with Dia last season. (1/10) NO.Hoja Lopez - Definitely got a unique voice there but was nervous and it showed. (2/10) NO.Jermaine Paul - WRONG SONG CHOICE. This guy really wants to own the song but it's so bad for his voice. Changes up the song till it's down in the ground and beaten badly. Will probably have problems later on when they criticize that he doesn't keep to the main melody. He's got a voice though. (5/10) NO.Angel Taylor - I like her voice a lot. It seemed like she was waiting for the chorus to kick in to showcase her stuff. Lower register needs a bit of work but overall it was good. (8.5/10) YES.

The girl who drew the Fiona Apple influence is my favorite so far. Then again, Dia Frampton was totes the rightful winner last year.I kind of wish they had gotten new judges this season. I like the ones we have, but it'd be more interesting if they mixed it up and had a different collection of singers each season.

That kid from Boston last night... jesus christ. Everyone on Twitter was making fun of him LOL he was so ridiclous. I love how he told that whole awful story about everyone getting shot in the basement and then it had NOTHING to do with him. :lol: :lol:But serious as someone from the area, I can't stand when people exaggerate their accent just so people know they're from BAAHHHSTANN. Which they were totally doing- "Go pahk ya cahh in the yahhd!" :rolleyes:

Episode 4 Run-downDucky - I thought he was OK, then I forgot about him by the end of the episode. No (would not push my button for him). (4/10)Jonathas - Usher-lite. Doesn't have the consistency in his voice to be smooth. Dips flat too much. Can't believe 2 judges picked him. (3/10) NoMonique Benabou - Shouty and screechy. (3/10) NoNaia Kete - She's really good. She has a distinct voice and stands out. Not perfect but her voice is quite colorful. (9/10) YES, within first two lines.Erick Macek - Sounded whiny in parts, flat in others. (2.5/10) NoCharlotte Sometimes - I liked this a lot. She sounded like a Russian singer at times but she has quite a few elements to her voice. (9/10) YES, by end of first verse.Tony Vincent - I HATE this song but he rose above the schlock and karaoke-ness of it all. Like his voice and the dramatics he does with it. (7/10) YES, right before chorus.Anthony Evans - I like his tone but he didn't stand out with his voice enough. (5.5/10) NoJamie Lono - I like his voice. There's this coolness factor about it. If there's one thing I don't like is that he goes quiet near the end of the line. He needs to work on that. (9/10) YES, within first two lines of singing.Dylan Chambers - Got a good voice but wrong wrong song choice. If there was ever a bad song choice, this was it. (3.5/10) NoNathan Anderson (snippet) - NO!Luna Searles (snippet) - Seemed too shouty. NO!Adam Lasher (snippet) - HELL NO!Justin Hopkins - Doesn't seem to have much of a voice. Mediocre. (4.5/10) NoNicolle Galyon - Song choice almost screwed her but she has a nice voice. Don't know what Blake was listening to but I'd take her over almost pitch perfect country girl that sang Stay. (7/10) YES, by end of first verse.Ashley de la Rosa (snippet) - Okay. NOJordan Rager (snippet) - Would like to hear more. But from that snippet, NO.Karla Davis (snippet) - Has great tone. From that snippet alone, YES.AlyX (snippet) - Meh. NOEric Tipton - Okay. I would have liked him to hear him do another song because I think this song doesn't suit his voice. (6/10) No.Mathai - Totally get her. Great confidence in vocals and performance. Nice melisma parts. Liked it a lot. (8.5/10) YES, right after Adam.Overall, much better show than last week's.

Orlando had the best audition this season. Amazing! Sera (woman who sang Alicia Keys) and WADE were really good too.So, checking the scoreboard, here's how many I liked and would pick from each coach.Blake - 5 (Naia Kete, Lex Land, Jordis Unga, Charlotte Sometimes, Brian Fuente)Christina - 2 (Chris Mann, Sera Hill)Cee-Lo - 5 (Jamar Rogers, Angie Johnson, Jamie Lono, Tony Vincent, WADE)Adam - 9 (Tony Lucca, Angel Taylor, Chris Cauley, Katrina Parker, Mathai, Karla Davis, Nicolle Galyon, Whitney Myer, Orlando Napier)Adam has the strongest team again. It sucks that at least 3 of my favourites from Adam's team goes home next week. This season, I like 21/48 contestants based on their audition. Not bad!