kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

17 minutes ago, YM! said:

I mean, look at Guardians 3 OW. Near 120m is still good but if it were released last year, it’d be doing 150m opening with ease. Hell before ticket sales that was expectation, even with Quantumidia

GOTG3 OW was disappointing, under GOTG2. But the legs were 3x which was fantasic for a superhero film.

Edited by Mojoguy

46 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I don't see how it keeps the date. There are only about 200 days until May 3. They aren't done filming. There were 270 days between the end of filming of NWH and release. For Thor 4 it was 400 days. For Quantumania it was 450 days. Marvels had 550 days. Even Deadpool 2 was 220 days.

It looks like there still is about 2 weeks until the strike ends optimistically. I think Cap 4 and DP3 just switch dates.

Edited by Bob Train

Keeping May would be...ambitious. Levy said he's trying to to lots of stuff practical, which would cut down on post, and that he's been editing the stuff already shot...if the strike ends in like a week I could see it maybe but any longer and I can't see it.

Edited by SpiderByte

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Apparently the full wrap article says it only has 35 days left of filming, which makes the May date more realistic. It'd still need to pick up quick but that May date becomes a lot less sky high.

35 days plus any reshoots that they might need. Idk that sounds a lot like it could end up being a rushed mess. So I hope they push the movie back if it needs the time.

1 hour ago, Youngstar said:

35 days plus any reshoots that they might need. Idk that sounds a lot like it could end up being a rushed mess. So I hope they push the movie back if it needs the time.

For a may release, one month is more than enough time. If it ends before Halloween then it could wrap just after Thanksgiving, giving them six months of post in addition to the post they've done during the strike. Well more than enough time.