kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The idea of Thunderbolts being the biggest film of a holiday season is enough to make even the biggest optimists think that all theaters are about to close, so I'm all for holiday Deadpool.

Thunderbolts can become a D+ exclusive series at 1/4 its planned budget...and Deadpool 3 can have its holiday 2024 slot.  Win-win.

• ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The idea of Thunderbolts being the biggest film of a holiday season is enough to make even the biggest optimists think that all theaters are about to close, so I'm all for holiday Deadpool.

I can see Cap 4 or Mufasa being the Christmas title for Disney mainly to have a family title and DP3/F4/SM5 being the 2025 slate for Marvel so they have a stream of heavy hitters that can get their mojo back.

Edited by YM!

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Thunderbolts can become a D+ exclusive series at 1/4 its planned budget...and Deadpool 3 can have its holiday 2024 slot.  Win-win.

You can’t turn that to a plus thing because it’s far too late. There’s a better chance at a Batgirl situation which even then won’t happen.

13 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

That's true. Thunderbolts is a bomba in the making. For comic aficionados like myself it's missing Norman Osborn and the gender swapped Fakemaster make the movie an automatic pass for me. 

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

They won't do it, but I say cancel it and get the write off. But then again I'm one of those who think Marvel Studios should cancel the majority of their announced projects given the current apathy towards them. Just hurry up to Secret Wars, reboot it and go back to what got you here in the first place.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Why would Mufasa be delayed till Christmas? It's not gonna be affected by the strike at all. It's all but in name an animated movie.

A lot of people here seem to think Marvels basically going to skip 2024. Disney still clearly plans for Deadpool to be released 2024.

Edited by SpiderByte

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Why would Mufasa be delayed till Christmas? It's not gonna be affected by the strike at all. It's all but in name an animated movie.

I remember it was reported from one of the trades that even voice work on the animated movies was impacted by this so depending on how far along they were we might see some delays from Kung Fu Panda, Despicable Me, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

A lot of people here seem to think Marvels basically going to skip 2024. Disney still clearly plans for Deadpool to be released 2024.

While I think it makes 2024 that RT tweet is just sourcing the Deadline article which just mentions that Disney has options to move the movie to July, November, December. We don't know what Disney's plans are. And Marvel wouldn't skip 2024 because BNO is coming out next year.

Skipping a year wouldn't be a bad idea though. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

9 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Voice work. Literally voice work.

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

I still think the likes of it and Blade are both going to get scrapped, especially if The Marvels bombs as bad as we're expecting. The Marvel brand just isn't strong enough right now to make these lesser characters shine. I'd rather they wait until they get the Fantastic Four and X-Men right. Bring together a new team of strong core characters that people will love. Then you do riskier projects like Blade and Thunderbolts.

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sonic 3 will be bigger either way tbh

Still a very bad line-up, although I am guessing many movies from Summer/Spring will get delayed to Holiday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I still think the likes of it and Blade are both going to get scrapped, especially if The Marvels bombs as bad as we're expecting. The Marvel brand just isn't strong enough right now to make these lesser characters shine. I'd rather they wait until they get the Fantastic Four and X-Men right. Bring together a new team of strong core characters that people will love. Then you do riskier projects like Blade and Thunderbolts.

They aren't going to kill two movies that have scripts, sets, and casts. By your logic, it's more likely that Fantastic Four should be shut down since it is less far along in development.

42 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Caps already moved back to May, so it seems very likely it's in the back half of the year.

Oh certainly. Depending on how much post is needed though, Labor Day feels like a good candidate for release imo, since it worked decently for Shang-Chi, they could be a contender for the box office record for that weekend, and their original September 6th date has been taken by Beetlejuice 2.

1 hour ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Isn't Thunderbolts really looking like a stealth Black Widow 2/a BW spinoff? What does their internal testing say about how they succeeded or failed in handing off the baton from Scarjo? 

It's not risk free but less risky than plenty of other sequels (at least on paper).