kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

14 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I don't see why this is making $1.1b WW when the last 2 made high $700s in the peak of CBM hype.

6 minutes ago, YM! said:

I’m not even sure if that would be enough if quality isn’t there. Think it’ll likely do 1B but not sold much more over it.

I agree, I don't see how this goes over a billion especially if it does not get a China release. 

• Like 1

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is iconic in the same same RDJ's Iron Man or Depp's Jack Sparrow is - huge international recognition and reaches an audience most superhero characters/portrayals don't. Anecdotally, my parents and extended family could not give less of a shit about the MCU or Deadpool, but most of them are still aware and hyped for Deadpool 3. I remember Jackman's return even got heaps of mainstream press here in Australia (Radio etc.) Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, and if this is even remotely as well received as say NWH or GOTG3, I think a Billion is certainly on the cards. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SaltyPistola said:

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is iconic in the same same RDJ's Iron Man or Depp's Jack Sparrow is - huge international recognition and reaches an audience most superhero characters/portrayals don't. Anecdotally, my parents and extended family could not give less of a shit about the MCU or Deadpool, but most of them are still aware and hyped for Deadpool 3. I remember Jackman's return even got heaps of mainstream press here in Australia (Radio etc.) Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, and if this is even remotely as well received as say NWH or GOTG3, I think a Billion is certainly on the cards. 

No he isn't. His first 2 movies made like $380m WW. His 3rd movie was revered as one of the best CBMs ever, but only made $600m at a time when every other live-action CBM except Dark Phoenix and Shazam made $750m+ WW.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

No he isn't. His first 2 movies made like $380m WW. His 3rd movie was revered as one of the best CBMs ever, but only made $600m at a time when every other live-action CBM except Dark Phoenix and Shazam made $750m+ WW.

Are you really saying Wolverine played by Hugh Jackman isn't iconic?

hugh jackman no GIF by Film4

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

Yeah, cool, your highlighting the spin-offs which alone still made $1.4B WW, but why not the X-Men films that he was obviously the leading star of? That's like $3.6B WW. More than the Spider-Man trilogy, more than the Iron Man trilogy, even more than all of the X-men films Jackman wasn't leading combined. His films made BANK Using Dark Phoenix and Shazam as a counter seems a bit frivolous. 

2 hours ago, Bob Train said:

So you're just...not counting all the X-Men films he starred In?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MeMyselfAndI said:

The only actor that stuck with me from the X-Men films is Ian McKellen. Oh, and Patrick Stewart of course.

Stewart will always be Picard to me. Picard certainly got a better ending than his Professor X getting stupidly murdered 3 times in a row now.

14 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

This is gonna probably be Disney's highest grosser of next year. There's no way they push it back to 2025 unless the strike lasts till like March or something 

I think they would be smart to. I’m just not getting holiday vibes for DP. Seems like the wrong time for the franchise.