kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

11 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'll be conservative and say it's not getting a billion worldwide. 

there are definitely many factors which could stop it topping billion. My sense is it would easily join that club as long as WOM is not very mixed or bad. Most Marvel movies have no fear about anything but ignorance. (The Marvels, for example).

• Like 1

This is the most confident Marvels ever been in a movie not named Spider-Man or Avengers. They're doing an entire extra hall H panel just for what appears very likely to be a surprise screening on opening day. They're touring a 40 ish minute chunk of the movie globally. They are not concerned about reception in any way.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

Still living back in 2019, I see.......................

Thaaters sales have suffered a massive drop since 2020.

160 Million is the new 200 Million.

This doing 200 Million ow  is very,very, unlikely.

Kung fu panda 4, Apes 4, kong x Godzilla, Inside out 2, Dr Strange 2, Transformers, Minions. These are just a few examples of franchise sequels performing like (if not better) than their pre 2019 predecessors. Only underperformances these days have come from films people simply had less interest in seeing so I don't buy this "160m is the new 200m". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Man should learn to hesitate

LMAO No X-Men, Deadpool, Wolverine film has ever crossed a $Billion but the R-rated post-Covid one is somehow supposed to. I get that interest is near or even higher than NWH, but it's an R-rated Deadpool film not a PG-13 Spider-Man film, Marvel will be happy with $800M WW, anything above a $Billion would be absolutely amazing

3 minutes ago, KnightofNight237 said:

LMAO No X-Men, Deadpool, Wolverine film has ever crossed a $Billion but the R-rated post-Covid one is somehow supposed to. I get that interest is near or even higher than NWH, but it's an R-rated Deadpool film not a PG-13 Spider-Man film, Marvel will be happy with $800M WW, anything above a $Billion would be absolutely amazing

Pretty sure that Marvel will be a bit disapointed if it closes under 1B

31 minutes ago, KnightofNight237 said:

The interest in this is huge but people have forgotten how insane the run up to NWH was if they think this movie is close. People were going crazy before even the first trailer hit for that thing. Andrew Garfield was being questioned about leaked photos on Jimmy Kimmel. It was like all of Marvel spoiler culture briefly went mainstream for that movie.

This movie's WW BO is more likely to go under NWH DOM than it is to beat NWH WW/pass 2 billion (not that I think it will). I don't know who Matt Ramos is, but he knows nothing about box office, I can say that. 

46 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Oppenheimer isn’t even the highest grossing R-rated film. 

I know that but film twitter has a hater boner for this movie and if it passes one of their fave movies they are gonna have a stroke 

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

No they’re not. You’re just making shit up

No , i have been seeing alot of viral tweets calling it slop and ugly and ugly cinematography i am not making it UP 

10 minutes ago, Selma said:

No , i have been seeing alot of viral tweets calling it slop and ugly and ugly cinematography i am not making it UP 

No you’re making up the guy who’s gonna get mad that this will pass Oppenheimer.

• Like 1