kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | Jul 26 / 2024 | Disney

5 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Oh, my apologies. He is brilliant, yes. Arguably an upgrade from DP1 and I love DP1. I love Free Guy and Real Steel. I feel like Deadpool 3 is in more capable hands than most are realizing right now. Levy - and George Cottle - got this. No Way Home’s action scenes are arguably the most gruesome we ever saw on any Spider-Man film ever, and it feels warranted and earned. I could see him going full Rated R. 

No problem.  Yes the action is good in 1 but it takes a massive step up with 2.  Yes the movie is probably in good hands with Levy and Cottle. Levy's working relationship with both Reynolds and Jackman should only help. 

12 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Oh, my apologies. He is brilliant, yes. Arguably an upgrade from DP1 and I love DP1. I love Free Guy and Real Steel. I feel like Deadpool 3 is in more capable hands than most are realizing right now. Levy - and George Cottle - got this. No Way Home’s action scenes are arguably the most gruesome we ever saw on any Spider-Man film ever, and it feels warranted and earned. I could see him going full blown Rated R.

Shawn Levy is a solid choice for sure and he'll definitely do a great job but I'm still a little sad they didn't keep Leitch. I think he's uber talented and the action scenes in DP2 are some of the better CBM action scenes.

1 minute ago, LegionWrex said:

Shawn Levy is a solid choice for sure and he'll definitely do a great job but I'm still a little sad they didn't keep Leitch. I think he's uber talented and the action scenes in DP2 are some of the better CBM action scenes.

Maybe they are saving him for something… bigger? He has an obvious good relation with Marvel Studios. I kinda dig Deadpool being this pet project for Reynolds where he enlists different directors for every single one of the films, the conduit here is Reynolds, with new directors coming in and giving them its own flavor to things. 

I could use a David Leitch Wolverine film btw. Hell I feel like he is a much more better fit for something truly gritty than Deadpool himself. Officially, this was Leitch’s reasoning:

“No. Look, we had conversations about Deadpool 3, but I just was … I had things in the pipeline, too,” Leitch said. “And it was never, ‘Hey, do you want to do it or not want to do it?’ or whatever. I think it was more we knew our dance cards were kind of full on both sides. And we have a window. And Marvel has calendars.”

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1233508-david-leitch-not-returning-deadpool-3#:~:text=However%2C when asked if The,“No.

36 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Marvel hasn't had a billion grosser in 5 years excluding No Way Home, I think this could be the first one. 

If RT score is below like 80 that ain't happening though.

If it's good and makes a billion it bodes well for Cap 4 and Thunderbolts later in the year. Both won't reach a billion but forward momentum brings up everyone.

Just now, LegionWrex said:

If it's good and makes a billion it bodes well for Cap 4 and Thunderbolts later in the year. Both won't reach a billion but forward momentum brings up everyone.

Yep. Also, I think the idea of a Black Captain America is something that has insane potential, at very least domestically. Cap never was that much of a big international grosser so that one will be interesting to follow.

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yep. Also, I think the idea of a Black Captain America is something that has insane potential, at very least domestically. Cap never was that much of a big international grosser so that one will be interesting to follow.

Winter Soldier was a 36-63 split 🤨

Just now, JustLurking said:

Winter Soldier was a 36-63 split 🤨

Yeah, which is great. But at same time it was 714m WW. I imagine that an Afro-American Captain America done right could be very popular in the US, maybe not as much as Black Panther, but still. It’s my 2nd most anticipated film for next year (we all know Beyond the Spider-Verse isn’t happening), followed by Thunderbolts (I’ve started watching Beef and I’m loving it).

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

Yeah, which is great. But at same time it was 714m WW. I imagine that an Afro-American Captain America done right could be very popular in the US, maybe not as much as Black Panther, but still. It’s my 2nd most anticipated film for next year (we all know Beyond the Spider-Verse isn’t happening), followed by Thunderbolts (I’ve started watching Beef and I’m loving it).

It was 714M ww at a time where that was an extremely respectable gross for an MCU film, its international gross was only below IM3 and The Avengers but comfortably above anything else.

FWIW, 700M ww would be great for this, I'd not just predict under but comfortably so

Just now, JustLurking said:

It was 714M ww at a time where that was an extremely respectable gross for an MCU film, its international gross was only below IM3 and The Avengers but comfortably above anything else.

FWIW, 700M ww would be great for this, I'd not just predict under but comfortably so

I have my doubts that Captain America 3 could ever pull off to become an one billion film without the Civil War storyline. I see Brave New World a lot closer to The Winter Soldier too, and I’m actually intrigued on how this film clearly connects with Thunderbolts.

11 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I have my doubts that Captain America 3 could ever pull off to become an one billion film without the Civil War storyline. I see Brave New World a lot closer to The Winter Soldier too, and I’m actually intrigued on how this film clearly connects with Thunderbolts.

Brave New World is likely going to hit Winter Soldier numbers if there is good forward momentum with the MCU+positive reception. Thunderbolts is a bit more of a wild card to me, though at least it has the Christmas date which means it will have weirder legs then other MCU stuff.

4 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

So, will the new MCU X-men and Deadpool be a under the 20th century umbrella like Avatar? 

DP3 is a quasi-X-Men movie. They won't make a real X-Men movie before completing the Avengers franchise, and as per some scoopers, there will be another Avengers movie after Avengers: Secret Wars, so an X-Men movie isn't happening before the completion of the next Avengers trilogy.

Just now, Willowra said:

DP3 is a quasi-X-Men movie. They won't make a real X-Men movie before completing the Avengers franchise, and as per some scoopers, there will be another Avengers movie after Avengers: Secret Wars, so an X-Men movie isn't happening before the completion of the next Avengers trilogy.

Lmao the fuck? This is all kinda wrong. And like I’ve said on the Warner general thread, since when BOT started believing in "scoopers" non sense? Avengers and X-Men films will co-exist. Hell in fact I bet the next big thing after Secret Wars will lead to a full blown Avengers x X-Men film. That’s common sense, not me having a scoop, which sounds hilarious and clearly foolish for anyone following how secretive these films productions have been. There is no financial or story reason to justify "starting the X-Men only when they don’t make more Avengers films". Just WTF, find better "scoopers" to follow, looking it up Hollywood trades would be a nice start.

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Lmao the fuck? This is all kinda wrong. And like I’ve said on the Warner general thread, since when BOT started believing in "scoopers" non sense? Avengers and X-Men films will co-exist. Hell in fact I bet the next big thing after Secret Wars will lead to a full blown Avengers x X-Men film. That’s common sense, not me having a scoop, which sounds hilarious and clearly foolish for anyone following how secretive these films productions have been. There is no financial or story reason to justify "starting the X-Men only when they don’t make more Avengers films". Just WTF, find better "scoopers" to follow, looking it up Hollywood trades would be a nice start.

Avengers 7 title (Avengers Eternity War) has already been leaked with Shang-Chi 2 (Wreckage of Time) and Eternal 2 (celestial end of time). And this leak came from Marvel Studios itself. I tried to find out if there was any Mutant/X-men movie title leaked, but I didn't find any.

1 minute ago, Willowra said:

Avengers 7 title (Avengers Eternity War) has already been leaked with Shang-Chi 2 (Wreckage of Time) and Eternal 2 (celestial end of time). And this leak came from Marvel Studios itself. I tried to find out if there was any Mutant/X-men movie title leaked, but I didn't find any.

LMAO. Okay, buddy. Sure. LMAO. :hahaha:

4 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Marvel hasn't had a billion grosser in 5 years excluding No Way Home, I think this could be the first one. 

If RT score is below like 80 that ain't happening though.

Mainly because China was not available. DS2 was guaranteed billion $ if China was present 

58 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

LMAO. Okay, buddy. Sure. LMAO. :hahaha:

Haha. Unlike you, I don't get excited by making speculations and assumptions that RDJ will be back or that there will be an Avengers vs. X-Men movie after Secret Wars; I only believe something if Marvel Studios itself confirms that or a leak comes from Marvel Studios itself.