Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

The "monster debut" mentioned above is being driven by the Star Wars base constituency. This movie is sneaking up on the general audience that showed up in droves for TFA. And just might again due to word of mouth. I predict looooooong legs.

Process that in your fancy computers.

• Like 1

Just now, terrestrial said:

But they needed to do more promotion,.. people involved to distribute the low to middle levels than theoretically for the big ones in relation (not $1 to $1), and IMHO $1b difference os reason enough to stay with the big budgets Plus the big budgets are, what they need to sell later on ww e.g. the TV rights for as good as possible money. And that are the films getting additional money per merchandise = often enough the main income. The average low budget film's money making potential is usually way more limited.

No studio will give up on its franchises for no reason, and I am pretty sure every one of the small studios / distributer would be more than happy to take over / get their hands on the constant earning franchises

There's no need to choose between them. I'm just saying, low to mid budget movies are important and having non is dangerous in the long run. 

1 minute ago, YSLDC said:

There's no need to choose between them. I'm just saying, low to mid budget movies are important and having non is dangerous in the long run. 

Ahh, I thought you meant big budgets are bad in general (in a way)

Just now, terrestrial said:

I forgot: was this about ww or dom? (excuse me, I have read too many threads at the same time plus am on the look-out for news, I lost the detail)

OS. But DOM and WW won't drop more than 50% either.

2 minutes ago, YSLDC said:

A third of all Films released by Disney this year were small budget films. (4 out of 12)

• Like 1

Just now, Maitch said:

I wonder how fast Disney can make back their $4 billion investment in Star Wars. It seems like they will earn their money back by the time of Ep VIII.

They haven't already? The merch alone had to drop a billion into that bucket.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Maitch said:

I wonder how fast Disney can make back their $4 billion investment in Star Wars. It seems like they will earn their money back by the time of Ep VIII.

merchandise, license, TV-rights worldwide,.... has someone article links at hand about already known numbers?