Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Caved and decided to do an 8:15 tonight with some friends. So my tradition of seeing Star Wars on opening night doesn't end here after all. Amazingly there were still plenty of seats available. Everything is going according to plan....

Lol.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's only an hour and a half from start time, I legitimately didn't expect half the auditorium to still be open. Especially since it's a popular theater. 

There was never any other possible outcome than the theater you chose to go to last minute would be a ghost town.  

• Like 1

Final sellout count for the LA area (unless I manage to do a super-late update near midnight night to catch any stragglers):

121 sellouts (+52) / 677 showtimes (+19)

Final comps:

BVS finished with 100 sellouts / 591 showtimes. It grossed 27.7m in previews

CW finished with 78 sellouts / 635 showtimes. It grossed 25m in previews

ULTRON finished with 68 sellouts / 748 showtimes. It grossed 27.6m in previews

TFA finished with 441 sellouts / 969 showtimes. It grossed 57m in previews.

Breakdown:

2D: 72 / 391

3D: 22 / 213

IMAX: 13 / 46

PLF: 12 / 23

D-BOX/4DX: 2 / 4 

Unless Los Angeles is significantly over-performing the rest of the country, high-20s seems like an absolute low-end. Low-30s -- maybe 30-32m? -- sounds like a good guess.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Final sellout count for the LA area (unless I manage to do a super-late update near midnight night to catch any stragglers):

121 sellouts (+52) / 677 showtimes (+19)

Final comps:

BVS finished with 100 sellouts / 591 showtimes. It grossed 27.7m in previews

CW finished with 78 sellouts / 635 showtimes. It grossed 25m in previews

ULTRON finished with 68 sellouts / 748 showtimes. It grossed 27.6m in previews

$30m sounds like a lock and would also follow trends from some overseas markets.

• Like 2

30 mill previews would translate to about 65 mill opening day and 140 opening or so. 450 would be pretty close but likely with that. I think since this is more adult and more anticipated it does more like 27/55 for a 130 weekend and 420 or so total. 

• Like 1