terrestrial

Wednesday 4 Jan SW R1 4.237 | Sing 3.61 | Pass. 1.747 | LLL 1.437 | Moana 1.39 | WhyHim? 1.377 | Ass.Creed .966 | Fences .948 | FB .505

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

No, not really. Only "obvious" if you want it to be something more than what it is. But, hey fan fiction the hell out of that shit if you want to. 

Poe gave Finn his jacket.  If you give a lady your jacket is it so you can chill in the friend zone?  No, it's to help transition her from in the jacket to in the pants.

Poe's the best pilot in the Galaxy.  I'm sure he's no novice.  He's piloting his D-Wing to fire into Finn's Death Star.

Just gonna say that Disney buying Lucasfilm is technically true.  But George sold it to them because he felt it was the one studio that could properly shepherd his babies (SW and Indy).  He didn't put LFL on the open market for any studio to swoop in, and he almost certainly undersold what it could have been bought for (especially once the rumors of the new movies that were already in pre-pre-production leaked out).

So, yeah, Disney didn't create SW, fair enough.  But the main reason they have it is the guy who DID create it anointed them to be his successor*.

* Well, actually Kathleen Kennedy is his successor.  Disney is pretty much covering the bills and reaping the rewards.  For now at least. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos

Wasn't Fox reportedly a bit miffed that they weren't even asked if they wanted to buy LFL?

Also makes me wonder if Paramount had the opportunity to buy Marvel. Holy crap what would our movie landscape look like right now if those purchases had gone the other way?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Wasn't Fox reportedly a bit miffed that they weren't even asked if they wanted to buy LFL?

Probably.  But given all the fights between Fox and Lucas over the decades, (even if he did have backers there)  I suspect they weren't at the top of his list.  I also have to think he took a long look at how Disney handled Pixar (bought in 2006) and Marvel (bought in 2009) and saw how they were able to keep their 'idenitites' within the Disney system.  It's that 'keeping their identities' which was the key bit for Lucas, I suspect.

He'd probably realize that there would always be studio interference to one degree or another, but he probably thought the current Disney managment would be the one to foster the creative culture he has championed over the years. And maybe he just didn't trust Fox to handle LFL in the right way. 

Or, who knows, maybe he just really liked Iger. :lol: 

1 hour ago, La La Panda said:

Poe gave Finn his jacket.  If you give a lady your jacket is it so you can chill in the friend zone?  No, it's to help transition her from in the jacket to in the pants.

Poe's the best pilot in the Galaxy.  I'm sure he's no novice.  He's piloting his D-Wing to fire into Finn's Death Star.

HaHa, wait, you're being serious with that analogy?!

He noticed Finn had his jacket, let him keep it. You are assigning you're own reasons.

The reason I assigned to that was because Finn had it and didn't have anything else to readily change into it, it was a kind gesture. 

But hey, all you SJW can scribe all the homeherotic bromance fan fiction you want for them. It'll look great on Tumbler right next to the Tony/Steve, Kirk/Spock and other non-intended by their creator gay romances. 

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

HaHa, wait, you're being serious with that analogy?!

He noticed Finn had his jacket, let him keep it. You are assigning you're own reasons.

The reason I assigned to that was because Finn had it and didn't have anything else to readily change into it, it was a kind gesture. 

But hey, all you SJW can scribe all the homeherotic bromance fan fiction you want for them. It'll look great on Tumbler right next to the Tony/Steve, Kirk/Spock and other non-intended by their creator gay romances. 

You know, we don't have word one way or another to know what the intention is yet.