YM!

Weekend Estimates: Lego Batman 55.6M, 50 Shades 46.7M, John Wick 2 30M

20 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

And this is just one more example of why we trust our buddy from Asgard before you put any stock into anything from deadline.

• Like 1

I think we should put a wall up to prevent the illegal refugees from the Internet Movie Database coming through our site and we should get world of KJ to pay for it. :sadben:

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, YourMother said:

What about Lego Movie Sequel? Should we expect a HTTYD2 type scenario ($180M-$220M)? Or will increase ($260M-$300M) or stay flat?

I think it will most definitely decrease. You definitely can't say "novelty" factor considering there will have been 2 more Lego movies since then - and the only novelty character was Batman. Who is itching to see Emmitt again?

It'll definitely drop imo.

• Like 2

One thing I have to say about the Lego movies: they have to stop trying so hard. All 3: LM, LB, and LN have been really forcing the jokes. Just speaking from my personal tastes, I want the humor to be more organic and natural. I remember @WrathOfHan saying most of the jokes didn't land when he saw Lego Bat, and I'm not surprised.

I don't think this will have a big effect on the franchise, just me personally, it's a bit annoying and makes the characters come off as such.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think we should put a wall up to prevent the illegal refugees from the Internet Movie Database coming through our site and we should get world of KJ to pay for it. :sadben:

Why not use extreme vetting?

All you do is bash the imdb forums non-stop. Anyone who sticks their neck out to defend it is denied entry. 

Simple. :redcapes:

• Like 2

Just now, grey ghost said:

All you do is bash the imdb forums non-stop. Anyone who sticks their neck out to defend it is denied entry. 

Just create a database of the users you suspect that came from IMDb

• Like 1

Just now, jandrew said:

One thing I have to say about the Lego movies: they have to stop trying so hard. All 3: LM, LB, and LN have been really forcing the jokes. Just speaking from my personal tastes, I want the humor to be more organic and natural. I remember @WrathOfHan saying most of the jokes didn't land when he saw Lego Bat, and I'm not surprised.

I don't think this will have a big effect on the franchise, just me personally, it's a bit annoying and makes the characters come off as such.

The humour works but I do think it's a little rapid fire, Storks the previous WAG film had tons of gags but not at the rate Lego Batman had 

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The humour works but I do think it's a little rapid fire, Storks the previous WAG film had tons of gags but not at the rate Lego Batman had 

So the style of the humor is basically a 2 hour version of Looney Tunes

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Maybe we should have an "IMDB refugee" subforum to contain the spread. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

1 minute ago, franfar said:

Just create a database of the users you suspect that came from IMDb

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses escaping from IMDB,

refugees, shut down by that online store.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

we welcome them to box-office lore!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It works initially but then I quickly grow tired of it. For instance when I first saw the Ninjago trailer I was like "wow, this is pretty cool, lol, should be a hit." Upon second watch I was ready for it to end and was no longer impressed (the animation aside). I don't like that they tell jokes during the scene, then pause the scene to tell more jokes. 

Again, I know many people like this and I'm sure kids don't care, just me personally, I prefer the more subtle humor like Zootopia and Moana, or even saturday morning cartoon humor like Hotel Trans. The way Lego has been doing it is just too ham fisted for my liking. Instead of just letting the script flow, it's obvious the writers are analyzing it, trying to put joke A here and joke B there, and trying to be edgy with it. 

That's just me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses escaping from IMDB,

refugees, shut down by that online store.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

we welcome them to box-office lore!

Grab them by the computer mouse

• Like 1