Grade it  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

I think this is a really good movie but it appears hearing its 'better then Dark Knight' or the best Marvel movie yet likely set my expectations too high.

I think the film started very strongly with a very haunting and fascinating world and lore in the X-men Universe and sort of went down the typical path near the end which was sort of a let down to me.

I will likely rewatch and would rate this an 80/100 but likely require a rewatch.

I think I am conflicted seeing this as a regular movie or as a comic book fan.

To me as an X-men fan likely would have like to seen more about this dystopian world, but as a film watcher it was well made.

Enjoyed this a lot more the second time around. What didn't work for me on the first viewing didn't bother me as much once I knew where this was headed. I still have think the farm family subplot drags and have issues with Evil Wolverine but besides that, this is an incredibly effective film. 

I think my main issue with the Wolverine series is this entry would have felt a lot stronger if the previous movies had been better. I hated Origins and The Wolverine. And while the X-Men films largely focus on Wolverine...it's still not the same thing.

I wanted to see a Wolverine movie like this years ago but didn't get it until now when the character is just ready to end it and is limping through life. I would have loved to see a film that showed the character like this in his prime in all it's R rated glory.

It's just a depressing film that's overly bleak without much hope in between the awesome set pieces. But I can't really fault it for being a realistic take on mutants. If people like this existed, the world wouldn't look like an Avengers film...so they got that aspect right.

Definitely one of the better movies of the year.

Revised Rating: A-

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

Favorite X-Men movie ever and one of the best comic book movies ever for me.

Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart and Dafne Keen were fantastic, and I can't wait for X-23 to carry her own movie; the atmosphere was great; the violence worked within the context of the anger the movie showed; the sense of urgency was clear, despite the smaller stakes; and the last 5 minutes were utterly incredible.

Didn't really care for the farm family stuff (drags on for way too long), the physical villain was what he was, and Charles' death was pretty anti-climatic, but otherwise, this was great.

A

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

this movie's been out for months and so i was spoiled just a lil bit before seeing this (i knew that logan nd charles were gon die, fuck spoilers)

but anyways, i just saw it last night, and ima give it a B- (76%)

I looooooooved the kids and their powers, that was cool. And bitch I'm all for teamwork so it was a plus seeing most of them use their abilities in that forest scene.

Miss Laura was ICONIC !!! reminded me of Ellie from Last of Us.

.......they ain't have to kill the whole-ass black family back there wyd @ miss director.... jsdkfkjsfnkshf had my ass shook

score was aight. wasn't terrible, but like it wasn't amaaazing.

Obviously Hugh Jackman was amazing in this, didn't expect any less lmao

X-24 or whomever the FUCK that other wolverine guy was can choke. Bitch.

It almost surprised me hearing Charles cuss up a storm like that lmfao but then I remember his younger self did it in DOFP so.

SPEAKING OF, dint DOFP end like in 2020 or something? So does that mean literally ALL of those mutants (storm, mystique, magneto, etc) died/were killed off in less than a decade? damn sis... thought at least a few more would last longer than thet

anyways tho, yeah it's a B- from me girlies. It was the best Wolverine movie, but definitely not the best X-Men movie to me. DOFP and First Class were better.

• Like 1

Still excellent at home. The first ending to any of these superhero sagas. 2017 was bookended with blockbusters about the dangers of meeting your heroes, but also the joy of seeing them fight for what's right, one last time. It's time to let the past die, for there are no more guns in the valley. A