FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

On 2017-03-05 at 3:37 PM, PPZVGOS said:

Dude, it's very simple! Every nation relates better to things that are closer to their own experience. Europeans relate better to Lord Of the Rings, Brits relate to James Bond, the Empire, Potter and the BFG, Germans relate to Goethe or Mozart, Italians relate to The Godfather, Greeks relate to 300, Troy, Alexander, the Japanese relate to The Last Samurai, the Chinese relate to Mulan and fighting the Japanese (why Hacksaw Ridge did so well there), Asians in general love giant robots fighting monsters, Russians relate to Anna Karenina or WWII etc etc etc ad infinitum. Just as liberal Americans and black Americans relate to what you are relating. 

Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend? 

Such an ignorant statement. Again, MILLIONS of shitty "white-themed" movies get regularly released EVERY YEAR in EVERY COUNTRY existing despite being a flops in US etc. THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO MOVIES WITH POC LEAD, again we are not talking about movies about "black struggle". 

Edited by davincicode1
  • Like 3

Just now, davincicode1 said:

Such an ignorant statement. Again, MILLIONS of shitty "white-themed" movies get regularly released EVERY YEAR in EVERY COUNTRY existing despite being a flops in US etc. THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO MOVIES WITH POC LEAD, again we are not talking about movies about "black struggle". What you essentially saying is that people outside US are narrow minded people who can't envision a character in any color other than one they are accustomed to (in this case WHITE)

I think the conversation is over lol. There's no point and it's just messing up the thread. 

Edited by ban1o

10 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I feel like the multiplier for The Shack is wayyy off base. The reviews are horrible.

Just now, franfar said:

I feel like the multiplier for The Shack is wayyy off base. The reviews are horrible.

Reviews are always horrible for religious movies. Not really an indicator of how the target audience reacted

• Like 5

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Reviews are always horrible for religious movies. Not really an indicator of how the target audience reacted

what was it's cinema score? Not all religious movies get bad reviews. I do agree there is a bias against them but most of them are poorly  and cheaply made but their audience doesn't care lmao. 

Just now, commonsense88 said:

So Hollywood like to copy success stories, we are already getting more R rated CMB movies, are R rated social commentary Horror/thrillers next.

Jordan Peele already said he was making more lmao 

Just now, ban1o said:

what was it's cinema score? Not all religious movies get bad reviews. I do agree there is a bias against them but most of them are poorly  and cheaply made but their audience doesn't care lmao. 

A-

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Looked at a few RT scores, you're right.

I truly hate when I see people saying that GO is not "just a Horror movie" like the genre were known for producing only a bunch of shit, when, actually, few genres lend themselves to metaphors and allegories as Horror, you'll find more depth in movies like The Witch or Under the Shadow than in any movie nominated to BP this year. Get Out is just the perfect definition of a real Horror movie, a movie that explore the moralities of the society, while scaring their audience.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

A-

mmm it might have decent legs than  Ido know that The Shack is kinda controversial even in the Christian community though so I don't know how that will affect it's legs. 

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I truly hate when I see people saying that GO is not "just a Horror movie" like the genre were known for producing only a bunch of shit, when, actually, few genres lend themselves to metaphors and allegories as Horror, you'll find more depth in movies like The Witch or Under the Shadow than in any movie nominated to BP this year. Get Out is just the perfect definition of a real Horror movie, a movie that explore the moralities of the society, while scaring their audience.

Agreed. Horror actually perfectly lends itself to social commentary. Jordan Peele is brilliant .That movie is a future classic. 

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I watched that film for the 2nd time the other day. What a masterpiece! Such a shame it did not make more money! It Follows was also inventive and interesting. 

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I mean the horror genre is treated pretty unfairly ( its certainty better of than the superhero genre *cough*)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean the horror genre is treated pretty unfairly ( its certainty better of than the superhero genre *cough*)

But is it really that hard to be better than the superhero genre? :ph34r:

• Like 1