Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

19 minutes ago, setna said:

I wouldn´t like to annoy the fans of BATB, but why is so succesful a movie that you know everything from the first minute to the last?

It´s strange for me, cause the magic of movies, or at least one the main is  entering to a surprising and magical world seeing a movie, but when you saw the same before just in cartoons, i can´t get the interest of this....

Because I watch movies for the story and spectacle,  not for surprises, in that case I would only watch mysteries because most movies are predictable anyway, but a good story is always entertaining.

Edited by commonsense88

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

my dude it's all being redone. in a decade the folks of live action disney are gonna be standing over WDAS' shoulder like "got any new movies for us yet?" it's gonna be like when the anime catches up to the manga's story so they have to stall for 20 episodes so they can find out where it goes.

1lm4bm.jpg

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Will the live action Aladdin be banned in some prominently [redacted] countries similar to how the gay panic resulted in Beauty and the Beast being blocked in Malaysia? :thinking:

You would have to wait and see if the movie manages to offend anyone. Even then, it wouldn't have an effect on the movies success.

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Vin Diesel as Mater.

Y'know, I just realized that it'd be amazing if for the Cars live action remake you just have the cars be replaced by human beings.  we'll get Owen Wilson walking around with Larry the Cable Guy for about two hours and it'll make $400M at the box office.

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Disney's got to do a proper live action Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

They had plans for one several years ago. It was going to be called Snow White and the Seven, and the dwarfs would have been martial arts monks.

Development stalled and I think they killed it when SWATH and Mirror, Mirror moved forward. They'll probably continue to look into it, but perhaps not for several years.

• Like 1