Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Suggestion for Sony: Push it to Venom's spot.

Not sure about that. Look at Sony's summer slate without THE DARK TOWER.

06.16 ROUGH NIGHT

07.07 SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

08.11 BABY DRIVER

Just now, kayumanggi said:

06.16 ROUGH NIGHT

08.11 BABY DRIVER

You forgot Emoji Movie. At this point I think Dark Tower will be pushed back again.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, davincicode1 said:

His exact words 

I'm not going to have it with people saying that Get Out is fading.

Yall need to stop think that I am deliberately trying to stir some drama shit up, just for sake of it. 

And then that poster went on to talk about how impressive Get Out's run and fourth weekend has been. 

So what's your point to all of this? Because you're literally stirring up shit just for the sake of it. You read what you want to read and then ignore other parts of a post. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

His exact words 

I'm not going to have it with people saying that Get Out is fading.

Yall need to stop think that I am deliberately trying to stir some drama shit up, just for sake of it. 

Then you need to be more civil and understanding about how films operate. Every one thinks you are stirring shit up because you won't come off an unsubstantiated soapbox about one film. Maybe if you posted about other things it would help. Take the advice from an old timer here (since 2004) that has seen your kind come and go and learn how to be friendly with the whole board. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

06.16 ROUGH NIGHT

08.11 BABY DRIVER

I think Sony themselves are looking at their own slate without The Dark Tower. That'd explain why there's not a single pie of marketing out there yet. Even Passengers didn't drop a trailer this late.

• Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

I think Sony themselves are looking at their own slate without The Dark Tower. That'd explain why there's not a single pie of marketing out there yet. Even Passengers didn't drop a trailer this late.

YourMother Conspiracy Theory #68: Sony dated Venom for 10/5/18 as a spot for The Dark Tower to scare films away.

I think Shawn Robbins is being a bit too optimistic with that 175 prediction off of a 64m opening day.  160-165 seems much more likely to me.  And as far as legs I'd guess it will at best match Cinderella but will probably end up a bit below, maybe a 2.7 or so.

• Like 1

Just now, narniadis said:

Oops totally forgot... maybe that speaks to the type of film Dory was? ?

Well, it's not the first time Pixar had a PG-rated film. ?

They have The Incredibles, Up, Brave, Inside Out & The Good Dinosaur before Dory.

So Finding Dory is Pixar's 6th PG-rated movie. ?

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, it's not the first time Pixar had a PG-rated film. ?

They have The Incredibles, Up, Brave, Inside Out & The Good Dinosaur before Dory.

So Finding Dory is Pixar's 6th PG-rated movie. ?

Lol I meant more to the fact that it's forgettable not that Pixar hasn't had PGs before 

18 minutes ago, narniadis said:

So talking about films doing well.... 

New record for biggest PG rated debut and day at the boxoffice. 

Shrek has held those far too long. 

Biggest days for a PG movie was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince I think, with $58,175,412.