Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, YourMother said:

Wait if Beast did $170M+, with 11M views, can Guardians do $140M+?

GOTG had 7.1M views after a week, a full 4M less than what BATB had. Its OW might hit 150M, but the domestic total will be nowhere close to what BATB finishes with.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

GOTG had 7.1M views after a week, a full 4M less than what BATB had. Its OW might hit 150M, but the domestic total will be nowhere close to what BATB finishes with.

OW of course, domestic it won't go higher than $420M. Beast might make over $500M.

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Trailer views after 1 week:

Alien: 11.2M

F8 of the Furious: 8M

Wonder Woman: 6.7M

F8 and WW had their views freeze for a full 24 hours. F8 was stuck at 6M and WW was stuck at 2.5M for a whole day. It was weird, every video released last weekend experienced that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I can see F8 at 120M+, WW at 110M+ and Alien at around 60M. If not for Prometheus, Covenant would have probably done much better IMO.

I have a good feeling about Wonder Woman, it's played in front of my showing of BATB and got a good reaction. 

I think Fast 8 will drop from Fast 7 but $115-120m would be solid for it

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I really cannot see GOTG doing over 400M. Its trailer views are lagging behind Furious, Alien, and Pirates, and its only 400k above WW at a similar point in time. Hell, DM3 is going to have more views!

This, unless GOTGv2 has a $160M+ OW, $400M is impossible.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

What's everyone got for the bomb of summer? Valerian should be the top pick I guess.

Definitely Valerian. I have a feeling The Dark Tower might be in trouble considering how little we've seen of it, but I don't know what kind of budget they're going for with it.

@That One Guy

5MyM5bW.gif

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 2

Valerian is a definite bomb. Nothing can save that movie. I have no idea about King Arthur; it's been doing well in trailer views.

Just now, aabattery said:

Definitely Valerian. I have a feeling The Dark Tower might be in trouble considering how little we've seen of it, but I don't know what kind of budget they're going for with it.

I don't even know if The Dark Tower is releasing at its current date. Sony might be wise to move it to Labor Day.

• Like 3