Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

4 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

When they make a new F-Zero

"Let me here you say Zelda-Zeld!"

"Zelda-Zeld"

"Mario-Mar"

"Mario-Mar"

"Complain all you want, it's never ever ever will be made"

"NO!!!!!"

"How bad can we possibly be? How bad-ad-ad-ad can we be, F-Zero will destroy our economy."

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Just now, franfar said:

I think GOTG will have high OW of like 130m, but no higher than like 145-150. You're gonna get the traditional Marvel fans along with some families, since it'll be the first family hit film since Boss Baby.

And if the reviews are stellar like the original, I would give it a multi of... 2.8x. or 3x at the very best. Because while the competition in the following weeks may look weaker, they're still there and will fight for those family dollars.

It still has around 2 weeks of essentially no competition, so it's 2nd weekend drop shouldn't be too bad.

$130m OW would be solid for GOTG2, I think it could go higher but it wouldn't be dissapointing if it had an OW similar to Iron Man 2.

• Like 1

This thread comes at you fast.

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

What's everyone got for the bomb of summer? Valerian should be the top pick I guess.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Emoji Movie, Valerian. That's all I can think of.

1 minute ago, franfar said:

?? will do over $100M domestic due to there being nothing in August ?.

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

Emoji movie will do 300M WW or so.

Just now, franfar said:

Diary of the Wimpy Kid probably cost $15-20m so it doesn't need to make huge grosses to be profitable. 

Emojimovie could either do decently or it'll sink Sony Pictures Animation.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Kong had good trailers though.

And your point is? I was comparing recent trailers. If you want to combine everything, Alien is probably over 25M.

The point is, that third trailers always post way lower numbers, so comparing clicks from second trailers to third trailers wonÄt help you predicting BO with it. 
I combined Fast 8, because it has 3 trailers even at around 14-16m views each, while Alien has a single single one with 12m clicks and only a distant second with 3,8m. 

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

The point is, that third trailers always post way lower numbers, so comparing clicks from second trailers to third trailers wonÄt help you predicting BO with it. 
I combined Fast 8, because it has 3 trailers even at around 14-16m views each, while Alien has a single single one with 12m clicks and only a distant second with 3,8m. 

F8 only had 2 trailers; you're adding in the Super Bowl spot.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Diary of the Wimpy Kid probably cost $15-20m so it doesn't need to make huge grosses to be profitable. 

Emojimovie could either do decently or it'll sink Sony Pictures Animation.

August will save Emoji tbh thanks to nothing being there.

Just now, YourMother said:

August will save Emoji tbh thanks to nothing being there.

I think SPA is on thin ice, they are churning out films which admitfully do include hybrids but I think oversaturation of their films could hurt them in the long run.

The issue I see with Valerian is that it looks like what you would get if you typed in "Generic space sci-fi movie". The trailer really has nothing to differentiate it from literally every other sci-fi adventure movie. Its a case of "seen this all before".

• Like 2