Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

OH FUCK, I JUST REMEMBERED THE MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE. WHAT IF WE GET INVADED BY BRONIES? :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

Please tell me that's still not a thing

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Ahhh man, I cannot tell you how much life force was given to me to hear "family" uttered no fewer than 3 times in the latest trailer.

And Dwayne directing a torpedo because why not?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

Next weekend has great shitshow potential

Next weekend will be the ultimate test of whether one user's blind stanning can completely derail an entire thread...the other fandoms travel in packs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

In fact, that whole weekend has shitshow potential written all over it if Kingsman stays.

A sequel to a cult classic, a sequel to a spy film, and a My Little Pony film.

It'll be insane, with the clashing interests in the box office and in the forums.

• Like 1

There's a massive contingent of posters who apparently get really fucking mad if the big sci-fi movie of the year doesn't win Best Picture, so really I'm prepared for everything post Blade Runner to just be an endless potential of shitpost.

• Like 4

Just now, AABATTERY said:

The fact that there's even a movie coming out means it's probably still a thing.

There's still a strong contingent of bronies, but I don't think it has the same sweeping "popularity" it once did. They used to be everywhere, even irl

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

There's a massive contingent of posters who apparently get really fucking mad if the big sci-fi movie of the year doesn't win Best Picture, so really I'm prepared for everything post Blade Runner to just be an endless potential of shitpost.

Also the cult of Villenueve could reach Nolan-levels if it's good.

The worst is that there seems to be a growing contingent of people who legitimately will not even consider liking or seeing a movie if it doesn't make at least 100m. These people are the easiest to put on ignore for me. GTFO with that dumbass attitude.

• Like 3

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

The worst is that there seems to be a growing contingent of people who legitimately will not even consider liking or seeing a movie if it doesn't make at least 100m. These people are the easiest to put on ignore for me. GTFO with that dumbass attitude.

Our good pal Jonathan was saying not too long ago about how he views any movie that opens under 100M as a failure. 

• Like 5