efialtes76

Weekend Estimates

Agreed. This was the guinea pig. With this one doing okay, then it paves the way for the other 5 to do even better.

We still have to get passed AOTC. That will not do better thanTPM. I think they're both equally disliked by fans.Still, it's a decent enough number to justify doing the next one. I think Lucasfilm might want to consider not opening it on a weekend with 3 other new movies coming out as well though; especially one with a strong family freindly eppeal.

AotC is more disliked then TPM.

Yes, it is.Though I don't agree with that one...TPM is the only of the Star Wars I actively dislike. I'll take bad Hayden acting over that horrible kid's story. I actually like AOTC, I think it's kinda fun, even if severly flawed. But heck, all the prequels are flawed...ROTS is the best, but it's still majorly flawed.

A New Hope's re-release opened to 35 million 15 years ago.Just saying.

And just like then, it will probably be the highest grossing this time around as well.I actually like AOTC more than TPM. The only parts I dislike are the scenes with Padme and Anikin in the middle of the movie. Otherwise, I quite enjoy it. Besides, I think it will be fun to see Yoda jumping around in 3D. :P

It's still making more than it deserves to.

According to who? You?Who are you to decide what a movie desrves to make? A film deserves to gross whatever moviegoers decide to spend on it.And I'm sorry 'The Artist' can't stand up to the brilliant artistry of the 'Transformers' films. :rolleyes: Edited by PDC1987

A New Hope's re-release opened to 35 million 15 years ago.Just saying.

SW wasn't on DVD then. There was no BR and they were being re-released because the new trilogy was coming out in two years. TPM has none of that going for it.

According to who? You?Who are you to decide what a movie desrves to make? A film deserves to gross whatever moviegoers decide to spend on it.Andf I'm sorry The Artst can't stand up to the brilliant artiststry of the Transformers films. :rolleyes:

Yes, of course according to me. Do you think I'm speaking for others?And guess what? The audience's are speaking and they seem to agree with me. Its not breaking out because the majority of people see it as nothing more than a gimmick. The Artist is garbage. It's not a film. It's missing all the elements, imo, that make a film a film. And yes, Transformers is 1000X the film that The Artist is. It's a gimmick and nothing more. It's the pet rock of the film world.

Yes, of course according to me. Do you think I'm speaking for others?

And guess what? The audience's are speaking and they seem to agree with me. Its not breaking out because the majority of people see it as nothing more than a gimmick.

The Artist is garbage. It's not a film. It's missing all the elements, imo, that make a film a film. And yes, Transformers is 1000X the film that The Artist is. It's a gimmick and nothing more. It's the pet rock of the film world.

:lol:

Even though I disagree with most of your sentiment, that last line killed me. :P

How much do you think ANH 3D is going to make OW?I'm just curious.

I really don't know. But if TPM can do 23 mill in 2012 and ANH doesn't come out until say 2015, I think it's safe to say that it will do at least 35 mill.