FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

Next movie I'm going to in theatres is Leap! That's gonna fail at the domestic box office but hey it looks cute and really good reviews so far in the countries it's been shown in so far. 

Id likely be happy with an overal domestic total of 15 million. I'm afraid it might do like a 2 million opening weekend and end up at 5-6 total at the end. 

For those feeling bad about the Power Rangers opening gross. I loved The Space Between Us and that bombed so bad. The Blu-Ray comes out May 16th. Yes that's how bad it did..Blu Ray has a release date already. 

1 minute ago, johnboy3434 said:

If PR follows Allegiant's performance, then next weekend will end up around $13.1M.

PR won't have a 170M mammoth opening on his 2nd weekend.

Just now, filmlover said:

That's not possible. Power Rangers word-of-mouth is nowhere nearly as toxic as Allegiant's was.

That was not even the main issue. Allegiant faced BvS on his 2nd weekend on an hilarious schedule decision by Lionsgate.

5 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Shin Godzilla won best picture in Japan for 2016!!!!

Godzilla has new life now. With the Hollywood MonsterVerse, the Anime trilogy and potentially $hin Godzilla 2... It's a good time to be a fan of the character.

It is, and it makes me wish they could bring more showa Kaiju monsters to the big screen again. I'd love to see something as random as Dogora the Jellyfish make a return to film.

But yeah. I was unaware the Super Sentai "movies" did as well as they did in Japan. If a glorified TV episode can make $10 million in Japanese theatres then I wouldn't be surprised if the actual Power Rangers movie does pretty well there.

Just now, CJohn said:

Also helps that it's looking to be an uneventful weekend altogether (Ghost in the Shell feels like a flop waiting to happen, especially considering the film will be opening with barely any reviews from US critics).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I don't think he was saying that much. lol  I think he was saying 13M total the whole OW