kayumanggi

ACTION POINT | June 1 18 | Paramount | Johnny Knoxville

The Johnny Knoxville (Jackass: The Movie) comedy Action Point (previous called Action Park) is set for March 23, 2018. Action Point is a new comedy feature from Paramount Pictures and Knoxville’s own Dickhouse Pictures. Scripted by Knoxville alongside Silicon Valley co-creators John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky, Action Point will be also produced by Knoxville alongside Derek Freda and Billy Gerber. Likely inspired by Vernon, New Jersey’s infamous Action Park, Action Point imagines the disastrous consequences of a theme park run by Knoxville and his friends. Tim Kirkby, who has primarily worked on the small screen directing shows like Veep, Brockmire and Man Seeking Woman, will take the director’s chair on Action Park.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/831055-paramount-george-clooneys-suburbicon-and-more

I'm really not surprised at all that a film like this would move from a hectic May to a June that is much more mellow by comparison. Now its main competition is not a competing comedy (Life of the Party), but a survival thriller (Adrift), so it may make a little more than it would've.

Edited by slambros

I laughed quite a bit throughout the film, but I do feel guilty because I know that all of the pain shown onscreen is real (please correct me if I am wrong)... it's not like Game Night or Tag where you're absolutely certain that the violence against the actors is fake. I think, for the sake of the performers, I'll choose to support something else instead...

4 minutes ago, slambros said:

I laughed quite a bit throughout the film, but I do feel guilty because I know that all of the pain shown onscreen is real (please correct me if I am wrong)... it's not like Game Night or Tag where you're absolutely certain that the violence against the actors is fake. I think, for the sake of the performers, I'll choose to support something else instead...

But they choose to do the stunts for real.  It’s not like they’re forcibly putting themselves through it

This looks hilarious btw

Edited by That One Guy