kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

59 minutes ago, Juby said:

Maybe they are, but they're still average blockbusters and overrated movies :P

If these 2 movies are average blockbusters and overrated then you could say pretty much all blockbusters are average and overrated.....

I do not think there is nothing wrong to say that Frozen or Black Panther are average or overrated. Just tastes.

Said this, I sincerely think both films are average and overrated, and far from being the best films of their respective genres :ph34r:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

BP is a really good film, good story, great action and great villain

but people have a different opinion 

I agree with the villain argument. Probably the best of MCU so far.

9 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

In the phase 3 MCU fixed his villain problem with Zemo, Ego, Vulture and Killmonger

They improved, but it's no enough..thery're not powerful enough, Vulture was the only one to be fine in that respect.

Thanos will definitely change this, this power emanating from him is so exciting xD

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

They improved, but it's no enough..thery're not powerful enough, Vulture was the only one to be fine in that respect.

Thanos will definitely change this, this power emanating from him is so exciting xD

Zemo win without any power ! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The power scale in relation to the hero right? Cause Ego is way more powerful than Vulture but because Vulture was versing Spider-Man he seemed more dangerous than Ego versing a Peter Quill who could draw from the same power as Ego could. If Iron Man actually personally got involved Vulture would have been easily defeated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Zemo win without any power ! 

I don't want this kind of villains in superheroes movies, I want them to be overpowered...It was acceptable in Captain America 3 because it was about 2 sides opposing each other but I wouldn't accept it in any other comicbook movie, if it happens I'll trash the movie trying to do it again.

I don't watch comicbook movies for "realism" or for them to be "grounded", I want them to embrace this over the top approach we could expect from these comic books. The fact they're not ambitious enough and too shy definitely killed my enthusiasm for these movies...thankfully Avengers IW seems to finally do what I desired for so many years, it was high time! THANOS :shades:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The power scale in relation to the hero right? Cause Ego is way more powerful than Vulture but because Vulture was versing Spider-Man he seemed more dangerous than Ego versing a Peter Quill who could draw from the same power as Ego could. If Iron Man actually personally got involved Vulture would have been easily defeated. 

Ego was powerful but they didn't use this power to give us a memorable fight, it was very short and Peter Quill didn't suffer that much.

The potential was there.

As you said Vulture was clearly not as powerful as Ego but Spider-Man had a hard time beating him, he clearly had to suffer physically to do it, he did all he could and that's what I liked about it.

I hate easy victories.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't want this kind of villains in superheroes movies, I want them to be overpowered...It was acceptable in Captain America 3 because it was about 2 sides opposing each other but I wouldn't accept it in any other comicbook movie, if it happens I'll trash the movie trying to do it again.

I don't watch comicbook movies for "realism" or for them to be "grounded", I want them to embrace this over the top approach we could expect from these comic books. The fact they're not ambitious enough and too shy definitely killed my enthusiasm for these movies...thankfully Avengers IW seems to finally do what I desired for so many years, it was high time! THANOS :shades:

I think you are obsessed with Anime with powerful villlain XD 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Ego was powerful but they didn't use this power to give us a memorable fight, it was very short and Peter Quill didn't suffer that much.

The potential was there.

As you said Vulture was clearly not as powerful as Ego but Spider-Man had a hard time beating him, he clearly had to suffer physically to do it, he did all he could and that's what I liked about it.

I hate easy victories.

Right. The (super)powers of the villains need not be very high in absolute term, but high enough relative to the SH, AND must be depicted in the movies in such a way that the SH (and his/her loved ones) are at great stake/at great risk, so that the audience doubly rooted for the SH.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 1

I feel movies like Titanic and Black Panther deserve their position on the box office charts because they were life changing or incredibly transformative experiences for millions of people.

Yes, Frozen and TDKR were very entertaining but so are a thousand other movies.

Movies like Black Panther can change how people view the world and their role in the world.  It's about way more than chase scenes and fighting bad guys.

It's about redefining expectations and priorities for an entire generation in a way that is historically revolutionary.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I feel movies like Titanic and Black Panther deserve their position on the box office charts because they were life changing or incredibly transformative experiences for millions of people.

Yes, Frozen and TDKR were very entertaining but so are a thousand other movies.

Movies like Black Panther can change how people view the world and their role in the world.  It's about way more than chase scenes and fighting bad guys.

It's about redefining expectations and priorities for an entire generation in a way that is historically revolutionary.

Frozen brought back the animated movies with songs, and it destroyed several cliches about fairy tales and princess movies.

The success is deserved.

13 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Frozen brought back the animated movies with songs, and it destroyed several cliches about fairy tales and princess movies.

The success is deserved.

You think that's just as significant as a billion black people getting brand new affirmation and narrative that broadens the realm of possibility and global achievement?

BP is the first blockbuster movie to fully glorify subsahara Africa in human history after centuries of defamation and disregard.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You think that's just as significant as a billion black people getting brand new affirmation and narrative that broadens the realm of possibility and global achievement?

BP is the first blockbuster movie to fully glorify subsahara Africa in human history after centuries of defamation and disregard.

I could be progressive and appreciate what BP is doing but unlike you I don't see movies through social lenses, exactly like some people loved The Dark Knight because of the social message behind it but I didn't care that much about it.

I judge the importance of a movie through my tastes and nothing else, I don't mix my political views with entertainment (videogames, movies, animes..).