kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

1 hour ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Or make anything look bad. Like Gone with the wind and Star Wars adjusted destroying everything including Cameron 

I'd love to play this game but this is the BLACK PANTHER thread you know? We ain't here to talk about how Titanic was the biggest single release ever or compare Jim films to relics from the past in a time before home cinema released over 11 times over 11 years, or talk about the highest grossing film of all time, not once, but twice though?

Strangely enough, is it possible Infinity War could bump up Black Panther? Incredibly, Black Panther will still be in many theaters when Infinity War hits in a few weeks. I have a friend contemplating seeing both movies back-to-back in a fun Marvel filled weekend when Infinity War opens later this month.

• Like 2

Its late legs were really boosted by Easter holidays falling on the right time. Holding power has been especially strong in the leggier markets really help too.

With the latest weekend still pulled in 7M+, $640M is locked. I’m hoping for closer to or at $650M OS finish. Would give it a greater chance at #8 WW, nice spot just right behind Ultron.

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Its late legs were really boosted by Easter holidays falling on the right time. Holding power has been especially strong in the leggier markets really help too.

With the latest weekend still pulled in 7M+, $640M is locked. I’m hoping for closer to or at $650M OS finish. Would give it a greater chance at #8 WW, nice spot just right behind Ultron.

It made $4.36M this weekend, not $7M+:

Country
(click to view chart)
Rank Days in
Wknd
Weekend
Gross
%
Change
Screens/
Theaters
Change / Avg. Gross-to-Date Week #
FOREIGN TOTAL 6 3 $4,355,898 -46.8% 43 -6 $101,300 $634,558,986 8

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&wk=2018W14&id=marvel2017b.htm

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ephemeris said:

For some reasons, I had it confused with last weekend. 

Must be all the very passionate Avatar discussions that threw me off somehow.

Thanks 

On 4/8/2018 at 7:11 PM, Green245 said:

Strangely enough, is it possible Infinity War could bump up Black Panther? Incredibly, Black Panther will still be in many theaters when Infinity War hits in a few weeks. I have a friend contemplating seeing both movies back-to-back in a fun Marvel filled weekend when Infinity War opens later this month.

I feel like it’s possible at least in the US. A lot of people I know are marathoning, myself included. Finishing up all my phase 1 blue rays. I’ll start phase 2 tonight. I haven’t bought a single phase 3 film but all but Thor and BP are available on demand/Netflix or free.

And AMC is doing their movie marathon at 3 theaters. Are such things common overseas though? Or is binging more of an American thing? And if IW is as good as hoped and people who skipped BP get curious about Wakanda, maybe it helps a stronger than usual finish in the late weeks. Still, regardless of how things go from here, I think it’s fair to say 8-10th place world wide means this film far exceeded any expectations whatsoever.

6 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

2fmxqh33fqr01.jpg

I wish I could add to this impressive total that Black Panther was so good and so culturally significant that it was the first Western movie to open in Saudi Arabia in 35 years. The movie broke the 35 year ban on Western Films that had been in place since the mid 1980s. 

No other movie has ever done that!

• Like 4