kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

14 hours ago, Green245 said:

I wish I could add to this impressive total that Black Panther was so good and so culturally significant that it was the first Western movie to open in Saudi Arabia in 35 years. The movie broke the 35 year ban on Western Films that had been in place since the mid 1980s. 

No other movie has ever done that!

I don't think that this had much to do with Black Panther though. The whole country didn't have any public cinemas for the last 35 years. Now they get re-introduced as part of the general softening on all sorts of regulations by crown prince Salman. So there wasn't any ban on western movies but a ban of theaters in general. Black Panther will be the first movie shown, but I haven't seen anything that would suggest that the decision to allow cinemas again was somehow connected to that movie.

16 hours ago, Green245 said:

I wish I could add to this impressive total that Black Panther was so good and so culturally significant that it was the first Western movie to open in Saudi Arabia in 35 years. The movie broke the 35 year ban on Western Films that had been in place since the mid 1980s. 

No other movie has ever done that!

So any idea what the SA box office is supposed to add the the international cume? Are we talking an extra 3M? An extra 30M? If this is the first western film released there since the dark ages and we assume it does as well as their #1 domestic film for the year (which it may or may not) what does that number look like? It sounds cool though and I wonder if infinity war will2

3 minutes ago, MrSinister said:

So any idea what the SA box office is supposed to add the the international cume? Are we talking an extra 3M? An extra 30M? If this is the first western film released there since the dark ages and we assume it does as well as their #1 domestic film for the year (which it may or may not) what does that number look like? It sounds cool though and I wonder if infinity war will2

It wont come close to 3 million let alone 30 million. There arent a whole lot of multiplexes there and from what I had heard BP was only released in 1 or a few cinema. It will take a long time for more multiplexes to be built and for the people to develop movie going habit

And Black Panther had absolutely nothing to do with the lifting of the ban on theatres. Nada, zero, none! The ban was lifted due to the Crown Prince who has modernized many aspects of the country. It’s just a coincidence that BP happened to be in theatres around this time b

• Astonished 1

Indeed, at this point there isn't even a single theater. There is a new one that will open in three days, which then will show Black Panther as first movie, but beyond that there are no further commercial theaters.

There is a plan to have around 350 theaters with 2500 screens by the year 2030, but at this point there basically aren't any, so the influence on the box office of any movie will be minimal at best.

• Astonished 1

16 minutes ago, Nth said:

$650 million overseas possible?

It did about 5.2m this past week internationally and needs about 10.3m more. Last week it had done about 10.44 so the drop from last week is about 50%

if it continues with 50% drop from here it will end up at 645 million. To get to 650 its gonna need around 35% drops or better which may not be possible. So 650 OS is possible but not probable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, George Parr said:

Indeed, at this point there isn't even a single theater. There is a new one that will open in three days, which then will show Black Panther as first movie, but beyond that there are no further commercial theaters.

There is a plan to have around 350 theaters with 2500 screens by the year 2030, but at this point there basically aren't any, so the influence on the box office of any movie will be minimal at best.

Oh wow, I thought it was just the first American film shown there in 30 years or something not the first movie period shown there in forever. That article was slightly misleading. Well still kindve cool even if we’re talking hundreds to thousands of dollars

23 minutes ago, MrSinister said:

Oh wow, I thought it was just the first American film shown there in 30 years or something not the first movie period shown there in forever. That article was slightly misleading. Well still kindve cool even if we’re talking hundreds to thousands of dollars

I dont think it is the first HW movie in ever. Saudi used to have many theatres in the 70’s but they were all mostly closed by the 80’s. I think there is one theatre in the Aramco (oil company) compound which regularly shows movies as there are many foreign people working there but thats only for people living there. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

That one will be hard to beat it will be like 3 weeks or less.

What’s the current record?   

Also, IW will be what pushes TLJ out of ten and into 11. If it can survive JW:FK it should have a perfectly healthy stay in the top 11.

• Haha 1