kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

Correct me if I'm wrong on this.  Based international OWs on Box Office Mojo, The Avengers had a 218.7M overseas opening weekend without China, and eventually made 809.2M for a 3.7x multiplier.  By the same metric Ultron would have had a 2.7x OS-China multiplier.

3.7x just sounds too good to be true, but anything 3x or higher would be crazy good.  It would give us 1.2B OS without China.

Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office $322,564,408 Details
International Box Office $534,700,000 Details
Worldwide Box Office $857,264,408

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

So, after the first week it's going to have $337,5 mln DOM and more than $570 mln OS = around $910 mln WW? If the drop during the second weekend won't be hard, IW will pass Civil War by Sunday!!

Edited by Juby

3 minutes ago, Juby said:
Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office $322,564,408 Details
International Box Office $534,700,000 Details
Worldwide Box Office $857,264,408

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

So, after the first week it's going to have $337,5 mln DOM and more than $570 mln OS = around $890 mln WW? If the drop during the second weekend won't be hard, IW will pass Civil War by Sunday!!

Those add to about 910, not 890. Guessing it will be more like 900-905 though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

Correct me if I'm wrong on this.  Based international OWs on Box Office Mojo, The Avengers had a 218.7M overseas opening weekend without China, and eventually made 809.2M for a 3.7x multiplier.  By the same metric Ultron would have had a 2.7x OS-China multiplier.

3.7x just sounds too good to be true, but anything 3x or higher would be crazy good.  It would give us 1.2B OS without China.

many markets for ultron and A1 were opened during its 2nd week, and ultron even have 1st may to soften its 2nd week drop....

In the case of IW, almost every country are opened at the same week, save for china, which never be on time either, hence, no much disturbance here to the multiplier 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

TA didnt open almost everywhere like IW

Multiplier would be like 3.2x if it opened like IW

IW could reach 3x multiplier maybe even more.

I'm seeing $1.1B OS-CHINA for now tho

Did some digging through old thread and found that 

The Avengers OS Thursday: 22.9M, with 4M coming from OD Russia. Meaning 18.9M from other countries, an 8.25% drop from its OS Wednesday. 

Using the same drop for IW would put its Thursday at $29.5M sans Russia. Anyone have ideas what Russia OD is heading towards? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

many markets for ultron and A1 were opened during its 2nd week, and ultron even have 1st may to soften its 2nd week drop....

In the case of IW, almost every country are opened at the same week, save for china, which never be on time either, hence, no much disturbance here to the multiplier 

No, I added up the opening weekends of every country listed on Box Office Mojo.

40 minutes ago, Sam said:

Did some digging through old thread and found that 

The Avengers OS Thursday: 22.9M, with 4M coming from OD Russia. Meaning 18.9M from other countries, an 8.25% drop from its OS Wednesday. 

Using the same drop for IW would put its Thursday at $29.5M sans Russia. Anyone have ideas what Russia OD is heading towards? 

I believe I heard about $16 million Thurs-Sun so I’m thinking $5 million today?

In 2012, The Avengers made $38.8M on Tuesday (excl. Singapore, Thailand, Bulgaria and Latvia) and $19.6M on Wednesday (excl. Singapore, Thailand, Bulgaria, Latvia). That is a 49.5% drop.

Infinity War dropped 50.1%, which is a very similar drop and definitely good news.

REVISED DATA: Gitesh Pandya (https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/21671-the-fate-of-the-furious-10100 m-overseas-●-12360 m-worldwide/?do=findComment&comment=2965145) doesn't seem to be the best when it comes to accuracy, even though his estimates are still very close to the actuals. Therefore I found some Forbes articles that mention different numbers for the daily totals of Fate of the Furious:

I appreciate that these overseas totals may be estimates but there is no indication that Gitesh Pandya's numbers are not estimates or that they are more accurate.

THEREFORE:

1. MONDAY: Infinity War DID score the biggest overseas Monday on record with $55.2M, beating the $54.9M made by Fate of the Furious
  2. TUESDAY: Infinity War did score a record overseas Tuesday with $64.5M
  3. WEDNESDAY: However, Infinity War did not score the biggest overseas Wednesday (clarification: we are talking about the Wednesday after a film's first weekend). It is the 5th biggest. Here is a list:
  • Iron Man 3: $65.6M [because of opening day in China]
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens: $38.4M [because of midnight showings in Greece – LOL just kidding]
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2: $36.4M [the BOM articleon HP8's Wednesday says $35.2M but this is an estimate. The actual can be calculated by using the Thursday article and updating previous days with actuals - e.g. Monday was $41M estimated but updated to $42M with actuals by using the Tuesday article]
  • The Fate of the Furious: $33.4M

If you have any other data, please share.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3