Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

This is really a good ideal .

We have no clue how BP will be marketed or look at his point And are calling for a 110+opening for It.

They must be working really hard as its 9 Months out and we haven't even gotten some cool set photos yet along with A teaser trailer.

If Marvel Shows something at Comic Con this year it will be 7months before the film released and we only we have one look at it.

If Disney expect the film to do 100mil then they better start Marketing the film so it can at least get some recognition.

Brand awareness means nothing if people don't even realize your movie is about to come out.

We should have a good idea of marketing by the time Homecoming comes out and get a teaser. Then for the rest of July, Disney will hype it up during Comic Con and D23.

Just now, MrPink said:

Gonna side with Ethan on this one. I preferred the Great Wall LEGITIMATELY over Pirates 5.

You saw Pirates 5 too?

Y'all need to love yourselves more

Just now, Chewy said:

You saw Pirates 5 too?

Y'all need to love yourselves more

You're talking to the guy who proudly saw X-Men: The Last Stand 3 times in theaters.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Was DMTNT really that bad? I feel like some people are being too negative on it.

Yes. I'm a huge Pirates fan and I absolutely despise the way it treated the characters I love. Especially Barbosa. Pitiful

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

I will find Gore's myself and beg him to come back and let the fans have the conclusion they deserve

Sorry you didnt like it. I had some problems with it but enjoyed it overall. Would like to see Gore back though 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Was DMTNT really that bad? I feel like some people are being too negative on it.

I'm not sure if I'd quite call it bad, but I was bored throughout pretty much the entire thing.

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

There's a fair enough chance that five movies in those two months can be bigger than the biggest of summer 2017. I think Deadpool 2 is heading for about a 80 million dollar drop, though. First was a novelty that now feels gone. Big OW, though. Han Solo and Incredibles depend on quality. Avengers is dropping as a franchise. JW is a mortal lock to drop big. So it's a double edged sword - everything is guaranteed to be very, very big, but I can also all five disappointing most expectations. Still though, it's gonna be alot bigger summer.

Jan-April is looking weak compared to this year, though. Black Panther and Wrinkle in Time will be hits, but not BATB/Logan levels. And otherwise, ehhhhhhhhh. We'll see with trailers, though.

I agree with everything you just said, except a slighter drop for Deadpool 2, and Avengers IW will open big ($190M-$210M) but squeak by $450M. Wrinkle could be a good hit but I'm curious if it'll be more of a family film but $150M-$225M seems fair. Panther, I think at the worst is doing Strange numbers but I'm not expecting $350M+ for it (I can realistically see GOTG numbers but that's the best case scenario, thinking more like $275M-$310M).

Edited by YourMother

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The first act of DMTNT is really strong, but the middle is boring and it doesn't pick up again until the final 10-15 minutes.

Spoiler

I think the only time I felt a twinge of excitement was the guillotine scene.

Even the Fast and the Furious vault ripoff didn't stir anything in me.

There be spoilers.

Edited by MrPink