YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Lionsgate and Sony should be ashamed they can't get their movies into 3,500 theaters while some bumfuck studio can. 

Actually, most studios should be ashamed.

All Eyez on Me is the type of movie it usually doesn't get a big number of theaters.

Sony, tho :insane:

Just now, franfar said:

Isn't this movie just a wannabe The Shallows?

It is also available online for MONTHS now. 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

lmao there was this cool poster with 47 Meters Down in my lobby today where there was like a shark cutout and you step behind it and you take a picture as it looks like you're being eaten by a shark.

They've had that at my theater for a while. Some poor fool pushed too hard on the shark and broke it. :lol:

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

lmao there was this cool poster with 47 Meters Down in my lobby today where there was like a shark cutout and you step behind it and you take a picture as it looks like you're being eaten by a shark.

that's sooooo cooooooll

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lionsgate and Sony should be ashamed they can't get their movies into 3,500 theaters while some bumfuck studio can. 

Actually, most studios should be ashamed.

wasn't the film released straight to DVD and then they were like oh wait?

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

How long ago was it shot ? Because I'm pretty sure there were Walmart's selling it on DVD as In The Deep before they decided to put it in theaters. Something about going from VOD/ Straight to DVD to now 3500 theaters is mind boggling to me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

It's gonna get like a 1.1k PTA or some shit

You're being too generous. It'll be lucky to hit that mark.

Just now, CJohn said:

All Eyez on Me is the type of movie it usually doesn't get a big number of theaters.

Not even STX got their debut film The Gift in this many theaters during the dead of August. Whose dicks did Entertainment Studios suck?

Honestly, this just infuriates me. Studios like Focus are sitting back letting stuff like The Beguiled do a platform release on a weekend where only 1 OTHER FUCKING MOVIE IS RELEASING, yet this wannabe Jaws/The Shallows/Deep Blue Sea that was going straight to DVD gets 3,500 theaters.

tumblr_ofima1lUvC1txzbmgo3_540.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheMovieman said:

I have a DVD copy of 47 Meters Down when it was titled In the Deep, I probably should watch it this weekend.

1 minute ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I actually held a copy of 47 Meters Down in Target last August when it was released to DVD as In The Deep.

Wait what? The movie was already edited on DVD in America? LMAO.

15m would be fantastic.  People were obviously overreacting yesterday about the Wednesday numbers.  Under 50% drop is possible.

Mummy may pull right at 30m, possibly under depending on the Saturday hold.  100m is dead for it given the reception.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Not even STX got their debut film The Gift in this many theaters during the dead of August. Whose dicks did Entertainment Studios suck?

Honestly, this just infuriates me. Studios like Focus are sitting back letting stuff like The Beguiled do a platform release on a weekend where only 1 OTHER FUCKING MOVIE IS RELEASING, yet this wannabe Jaws/The Shallows/Deep Blue Sea that was going straight to DVD gets 3,500 theaters.

Yet Focus's strategy is probably a lot smarter and will make them more money. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Entertainment Studios is owned by Freestyle, I believe. (aka God's Not Dead, Left Behind, The Identical, Delgo)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

So they're releasing it? why