YM!

WEEKEND THREAD | Actual: Wonder Woman 58.63M, Estimates: Mummy 32.2M, Underpants 12.3M, Pirates 10.2M, ICAN 6M

Just now, God Emperor Tele said:

Wonder Woman. Her power. She can even bring the Creator back to us. 

(I promise I've been good, Shawn. Please ignore the giant banned list.)

:sparta: 

Question is will Shawn return for Rangarok or League (or will he surprise us for The Star).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It sounds like the VFX is going to be stunning at the very least. Tintin for example was shot in 2009 and not released until 2 and a half years later. 

I wonder if WB will release at Comic Con? I think it's possible but more of a sizzle reel as I think they'll be more focused on showing the trailers for JL, It, Tomb Raider and Ready Player One. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the first JB trailer is with RPO.

Framestore is doing WB s Jungle Book, they are very good, they did Gravity, they worked a lot on the Guardians movies (they created Rocket),  their monkeys in Tarzan last year were superb, they are the main competitor of MPC (probably tthe biggest VFX company in the wrld right now) in England, which did Disney s Jungle Book.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I honestly expect Ninjago to do around 80mil total at best. The reviews won't matter, interest will. Lego Batman had stellar reviews and came nowhere near the box office of the live action movies. 

tumblr_inline_o4kb3qLQ5a1siz948_500.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I promise I've been good, Shawn.

23 hours ago, God Emperor Tele said:

RAW is like when you start eating a woman out and you're wiggling your tongue around just waiting for her to start writhing in pleasure and the thought just makes you so damn excited only then you realize she's dead and that's not the fluid you think it is. 

Hmm.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 6

I honestly expect Ninjago to do around 80mil total at best. The reviews won't matter, interest will. Lego Batman had stellar reviews and came nowhere near the box office of the live action movies. 

Ninjago benefits from the Lego brand though. It may not do $150M but should do $95M-$125M.

• Like 1

Just now, aabattery said:

/channels Harry Knowles

RAW is like when you start eating a woman out and you're wiggling your tongue around just waiting for her to start writhing in pleasure and the thought just makes you so damn excited only then you realize she's dead and that's not the fluid you think it is. 

Hmm.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The Iron Man comp should get interesting later on. I think Wonder Woman is pretty far ahead of it for now, but late legs aren't as good as they were in 2008.

I think it'll come out ahead in the end though.

Funnily enough, I just started an IM/WW daily comp chart is morning (posted it in my club thread).

1 minute ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Funnily enough, I just started an IM/WW daily comp chart is morning (posted it in my club thread).

Exactly where I stole that idea from.

Muhahahah.

I did forget who posted it though :P

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I actually did, and I didn't hate it? It is a Lifetime movie which somehow got a wide release, Kevin Spacey appears in like 3 scenes total and the rest of it is him as a cat, probably his easiest payday ever. The villain might have as well had a mustache he would twirl he was so noticeably evil.

I saw it too and I loved it, but not for the reasons the filmmakers intended.  it's objectively fucking terrible tho.

22 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Hi, everyone. :)

This Wonder Woman run is so much fun to follow. Has anyone done a comparison of superhero films' Friday-to-Friday drops? I didn't get a chance to be as thorough as I would have liked when I was looking back at comps but I imagine it can't be more than a handful of titles (at most) with better holds. What a run this is turning into so far!

So this is the guy that started it all? It's no coincidence I get out of work just in time to see your post.

Thanks for everything my friend :) 

• Like 2

I think Ninjago could do decently, not as high LBM but it'll more than Storks and maybe crack $100m. 

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Framestore is doing WB s Jungle Book, they are very good, they did Gravity, their monkeys in Tarzan last year were superb, they are the main competitor of MPC (probably tthe biggest VFX company in the wrld right now) in England, which did Disney s Jungle Book.

MPC do great work as do Framestore, the latter did VFX for Guardians 2 and did Paddington who I think looked great. I do have a soft spot for ILM and WETA who have pioneered milestones in CGI. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think Ninjago could do decently, not as high LBM but it'll more than Storks and maybe crack $100m. 

I honestly think because Lego Batman failed to reach our gigantic expectations we are underpredicting Ninjago. Not saying $150M+ but more $95M-$120M.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Why didn't Batman benefit from that and from being in the Lego Movie? 

I think it did benefit. Wouldn't have made anywhere near as much if it was just a standard, animated Batman movie; hell, probably wouldn't have even gotten a theatrical release. It's just we all overestimated how much it would benefit from it.

• Like 3