WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

SPIDEY has the benefit of the lead and ridiculously long legs (compared to movies today). Reaching it is still an extreme long shot at best. 

Image result for so you're saying there's a chance gif

• Like 15

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Too bad it doesn't cure lunacy, cause you need to remedy yourself.

I believe the correct term is Valerian's Syndrome 

Symptons include:

- Cringeness

- Non Stop defending of a box office flop

- Vomiting

- Nausea

- Immaturity

- and many more

• Like 1

Looking at the full top 10 on The-Numbers, it looks like pretty much everything had a good Friday bump this week. GotG2 had the lowest increase in the top 10 at +56%, but it lost 38% of its venues on Friday, so I guess that is to be expected.

Just now, That One Guy said:

Valerian may die, but it'll die with honor instead of being a shitty kids movie :) 

And you bitched your way out of me buying a ticket. Enjoy that $15 OW.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

At least Valerian has enough PLF and 3D material to be worth that extra money.  Nothing Ninjago has is worth extra.  Enjoy your $10 OW.

So does Ninjago. 

• Like 1

For Wonder Woman to make it to $400m, it'll need a little over a 4x multiplier from whatever it makes this weekend. It's mirroring The Jungle Book in terms of weekend grosses but has the benefit of summer weekdays.

The Jungle Book made about $110m more after its third weekend, which should be a wee bit higher than what Wonder Woman makes. That would put WW around $385m+. I think summer weekdays will mitigate the difference big time. 

@baumer I believe in you.

• Like 8