Nova

5-day Weekend #s: DM3 99M, BD 29.97M, WW 24.07M, TF5 24.05M, Cars 3 14.2M, House 11.9M

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

The pre-sales data does not support this and the strength of the reviews won't either.  

The latest presales data from Grim says it is 1m below WW at the same point, so that's what I'm going on. I think this should have higher presales than WW.

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The pre-sales data does not support this and the strength of the reviews won't either.  

I sure hope you're right. I'm also on the SMH hype train! 

1 minute ago, Nova said:

But you just said yourself that SMH has no hype or whatever and folks aren't looking forward to it. So using your own information why would SMH have stronger presales than WW if like you said, most folks aren't excited for it? 

Youre using anecdotal data to claim itll disappoint OW wise because folks don't seem excited for it but then completely ignore that data when talking about its presales. 

I'm saying that casual audiences - the type that don't buy presales - are more skeptical, so if this was really primed for a breakout it should be consolidating support among fans. But it's not even at 50 percent of GOTG2.

Also, I never said it had no hype and folks aren't looking forward to it. Come on. I said that people are more skeptical about another Spider-Man reboot than general consensus here indicates.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

The latest presales data from Grim says it is 1m below WW at the same point, so that's what I'm going on. I think this should have higher presales than WW.

I think you misread that. 

Grim said they have no direct comp for the last update but that in the following WW update the movie was 1M above SM's actual number. I think WW's next update was in the Tuesday before release. @grim22 ?

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

either way, I hope it's true as WW showed the biggest up among top 10 on sat, meaning holidng power is there....

another, I found that WW just couldn't have one "normal/smooth" weekend in its run because at least one day in the weekend was either inflated or deflated for a reason,

2nd weekend- $58.2m(against inflated opening friday as thrusday preview added into opening friday)

3rd weekend- $41.3m(inflated sunday as father day)

4th weekend- $24.9m(deflated sunday against father day from previous week)

5th weekend-$15.6m(inflated sunday as 4th July)

6th weekend-???(deflated sunday against 4th July)

16.1M for WW the weekend according to The-Numbers

I'm saying that casual audiences - the type that don't buy presales - are more skeptical, so if this was really primed for a breakout it should be consolidating support among fans. But it's not even at 50 percent of GOTG2.

Also, I never said it had no hype and folks aren't looking forward to it. Come on. I said that people are more skeptical about another Spider-Man reboot than general consensus here indicates.

90M OW would certainly mean no hype under forum laws, don't you know that? :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I think you misread that. 

Grim said they have no direct comp for the last update but that in the following WW update the movie was 1M above SM's actual number. I think WW's next update was in the Tuesday before release. @grim22 ?

No offense CJ but this actually left me way more confused :lol:

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

what 

:wintf:

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Actual he doesn't have a comparison at the point. The figure 1M above Homecoming was the Tuesday before release.

Despicable Me 3 is paying for Minions sins. Minions was a crappy movie, and crappy by kids standards. 

I hope Illumination won't come with Minions 2. Minions work much better when they are NOT the main characters of the movies. Despicable Me is where they belong. 

If Minions 2 gets made, it's gonna be the Transformers 5 of the series. Huge domestic drop.

Then again, DM 3 was just fine, just fine. There is zero plot, villain was shitty and there were no surprises. It's definitely better than Minions, but that's it. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

I swear sometimes this forum makes no sense. So SMH a film that apparently the casual audience isn't excited for, should have better presales than WW? 

Why? If no one is excited for it then why should its presales be higher than WW's? 

No offense CJ but this actually left me way more confused :lol:

There is no point in time comp from WW. The next WW update was on Tuesday which was 1M above the current SMH number, which makes it somewhat useless as a current comp. 

The only point in time updates are it is about 45% of Guardians 2 and at around 33% of Civil War at roughly same time before release.

Just now, Nova said:

what 

:wintf:

Just now, Alli said:

SM:H should have better presales than WW. This is a known franchise with plenty of fans...

This, pretty much. I'm saying that if SMH were to do better than WW, it should be doing better in presales. It doesn't have the kind of buzz with general audiences IMO that it does with the fans who buy presales. WW had more general audience hype, so if Spider-Man is to do better than WW, it should be doing better than it in presales. Spider-Man should have more of a rush factor. It should be getting more sales from comic book fans, because non-comic fans aren't as hyped (not that they aren't hyped at all, of course.)

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

I swear sometimes this forum makes no sense. So SMH a film that apparently the casual audience isn't excited for, should have better presales than WW? 

Why? If no one is excited for it then why should its presales be higher than WW's? 

That makes total sense. Presales are built by pre-existing fanbases and rush audiences, not the casuals.

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

People are excited, but not to amount huge numbers. Around WW is an ok number, but nothing extraordinary for this type of film

• Like 1