Alpha

CAYOM - New Franchise Rights Thread

On 7/2/2017 at 11:18 AM, Alpha said:

For Year 1, previously held franchise rights are reserved to those who had them in CAYOM 2.0, but if not claimed by the end of the first year they become available

@Rorschach

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rorschach said:

So I've been itching to make an Attack on Titan movie/series for quite a long time now but I realize that @rukaio101 still owns the rights to that IP. However, it doesn't seem like he's gonna be participating in the game anytime soon. I'm still a little unclear on the rules for when the inactive players' rights to the material expires so I'm just wondering: Do I have to wait a few more years until the rights expire to try and claim it or can I get it earlier if possible?

It's no big deal if I'm not able to but its an IP I'm very passionate about and would love to make into a potential film series.

FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS, I HAVE LAID DORMANT! WHO NOW AWAKENS ME FROM MY SLUMB- Oh right, it's this thing.

Honestly, I'm of two minds about this. I have been meaning to try and get back into the game for a while (although I've been pretty busy with coursework and my own original stuff that obviously comes first, which is why I haven't been able to thus far) and when/if I do, I was definitely planning on utilising AoT, especially since I've already got a summary written up from CAYOM 2.0. On the other hand, I also recognise that it is a little unfair for me to horde properties when there's no guarantee I'll be reentering the game any time soon.

So, as a compromise, I'll offer up this. If I'm not back in the game by the end of Year 5, then you can take the rights to AoT, free of charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS, I HAVE LAID DORMANT! WHO NOW AWAKENS ME FROM MY SLUMB- Oh right, it's this thing.

Honestly, I'm of two minds about this. I have been meaning to try and get back into the game for a while (although I've been pretty busy with coursework and my own original stuff that obviously comes first, which is why I haven't been able to thus far) and when/if I do, I was definitely planning on utilising AoT, especially since I've already got a summary written up from CAYOM 2.0. On the other hand, I also recognise that it is a little unfair for me to horde properties when there's no guarantee I'll be reentering the game any time soon.

So, as a compromise, I'll offer up this. If I'm not back in the game by the end of Year 5, then you can take the rights to AoT, free of charge.

Thank you! :)

12 hours ago, Reddroast said:

@rukaio101 are you planning on using any of franchises: Code Geass, Log Horizon, or Hellsing if not let me know because i would very much like to use them

Same offer as to Rorschach. If I'm not back in the game by the end of Year 5, you can have them. If not, I'm keeping them. Especially since I'm pretty sure I already have versions of Log Horizon and Hellsing already completed from CAYOM 2.0.

Ill take the following Franchises: 

Prey (video game)

Beyond Two Souls

Detroit: Become Human

The Seven Deadly Sins (manga)

Perfect Dark

Tokyo Ghoul

The Astounding Wolf-Man ( the comic book character by Robert Kirkman)

Mega Man

Resistance

Archer & Armstrong

One piece

Edited by Reddroast
Updating
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Prey (video game)

Beyond Two Souls

Perfect Dark

Tokyo Ghoul

Mega Man

Resistance

Archer & Armstrong

Glad to see you're jumping into things! You planning anything for Y4?

36 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Prey (video game)

Beyond Two Souls

Perfect Dark

Tokyo Ghoul

Mega Man

Resistance

Archer & Armstrong

Great choices. Really excited for what you have planned for Tokyo Ghoul and The Seven Deadly Sins.