Alpha

CAYOM - New Franchise Rights Thread

18 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I claim Zootopia as my own, if I can.

I'm so excited that you're wanting to join the game!

While we have a rule against writing stories based off of properties made famous through film (Star Wars, Pixar, Zootopia (unfortunately)), any property that hasn't received a successful well-known film series is fair game.

To help you get started, you can look through my list of rights and take anything you want. The only things I should keep are things I've already made films of and things I'm planning to write for the next submissions phase.

I need to keep the following rights:

The Ancient Magus' Bride

Banjo-Kazooie

Bleach

Catcher in the Rye

Cruis'n

The Fairly OddParents

Megalo Box

Psyren

Sabrina

Tekken

Veggietales

Wii Sports/Play/Fit/and-so-on

But if there's anything else you want from my list, you can claim it, and I'll give it to you. I recommend claiming Animal Crossing, Beastars, and Dillon's Rolling Western if you're interested in Zootopia. I won't be heartbroken over anything you take, because I write original films more often, anyways.

You can also take anything you want from Rukaio's list, as he hasn't used any of those properties for five in-game years and has stated his disinterest in the game.

I get really excited when new writers join the game, as you can tell! The next submission phase won't begin for a few weeks, but I'm still very glad you're interested in joining CAYOM!

Just now, cannastop said:

I'd like to claim Dragon Quest, which while it has never had a movie released in the US, has had a recent release in Japan. Does that count? It's a video game series, though.

I don’t think it counts so you should be fine as Numbers owns Pokémon, I own Dragon Ball, and Rorschach owns My Hero Academia which has had Japanese movies

• Like 1

I’d like to give up rights for the following

Anastasia (the animated musical)

Naruto

Moongirl

Curious George

Inspector Gadget

Codename: Kids Next Door

The Twits (Roald Dahl)

Jimmy Neutron

Charlotte's Web

The Trumpet and the Swan

Mr. Peabody and Sherman

Samba De Amigo

48 minutes ago, cannastop said:

What's powerline?

And what are the conditions?

@Spaghetti's making basically Bohemian Rhapsody but with the character Powerline from A Goofy Movie. He asked me for permission since I own the Goof Troop rights, and I'm involved with the writing to some degree.

Donald Duck is far more relevant to me than a one-off character from a spin off movie so I'll have to make different demands than I gave Pasta:

1. If you're going to use any character other than Donald Duck that I own, I want to be able to sign off on it.
  2. If you want it to be set within my Duckverse, I want to be able to sign off on that too.
  3. This is more of a courtesy thing (and I'll say it to Pasta too), but I'd rather not have Three Caballeros or Powerline be direct box office competitors to my Scrooge McDuck movies, so if you're going to release a TC film within Year 7, 8 or 9 I'd prefer if it has some distance from my films on the schedule, maybe a quarter at least.
  4. My studio wants a producer credit.
  5. Donald Duck can be a major character, but I'd rather not he be the top-billed lead.

After that you're free use him as you please.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, cookie said:

@Spaghetti's making basically Bohemian Rhapsody but with the character Powerline from A Goofy Movie. He asked me for permission since I own the Goof Troop rights, and I'm involved with the writing to some degree.

Donald Duck is far more relevant to me than a one-off character from a spin off movie so I'll have to make different demands than I gave Pasta:

1. If you're going to use any character other than Donald Duck that I own, I want to be able to sign off on it.
  2. If you want it to be set within my Duckverse, I want to be able to sign off on that too.
  3. This is more of a courtesy thing (and I'll say it to Pasta too), but I'd rather not have Three Caballeros or Powerline be direct box office competitors to my Scrooge McDuck movies, so if you're going to release a TC film within Year 7, 8 or 9 I'd prefer if it has some distance from my films on the schedule, maybe a quarter at least.
  4. My studio wants a producer credit.
  5. Donald Duck can be a major character, but I'd rather not he be the top-billed lead.

After that you can use him as you please.

Oh OK makes sense.