cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

Just now, Rorschach said:

So this will probably be my priority order of projects after I finish finals this week:

1. One Punch Man

2. Fantasia 3

3. A Trip to the Moon

4. Mr. Juul

5. Expedition Everest/The Tower of Terror: A Twilight Zone Story

@Spagspiria @YourMother the Edgelord My goal is to have One Punch Man and A Trip to the Moon done by the end of January to get some feedback from you guys so I have some breathing room to go back and revise stuff before the hard deadline during March. 

@YourMother the Edgelord For Fantasia, I'm planning to work on separate segments at a time so I'll be presenting each one individually to you as each new one is complete.

• Like 2

I don't know how I'm going to adapt Banana Fish. It's a 24-episode anime show--if each episode is roughly eighteen minutes with the commercials and openings/endings shaved off, that amounts to a whopping total of 432 minutes worth of content. Some of that is filler content and some of the story content can be deemed unnecessary, but that's still a lot of things happening in the story that I want to compress into one film--it's great source material, but I'm not.passionate about it enough to explore it beyond a single standalone CAYOM film. I'm not saying I'm discouraged from taking it on; I'm saying that it's gonna be the biggest challenge for me out of all my CAYOM films.

I might make it a two part series, in all honesty.

2 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I don't know how I'm going to adapt Banana Fish. It's a 24-episode anime show--if each episode is roughly eighteen minutes with the commercials and openings/endings shaved off, that amounts to a whopping total of 432 minutes worth of content. Some of that is filler content and some of the story content can be deemed unnecessary, but that's still a lot of things happening in the story that I want to compress into one film--it's great source material, but I'm not.passionate about it enough to explore it beyond a single standalone CAYOM film. I'm not saying I'm discouraged from taking it on; I'm saying that it's gonna be the biggest challenge for me out of all my CAYOM films.

I might make it a two part series, in all honesty.

If you don’t feel it can be told in one movie without feeling compromised it’s better to do it in two. As long as the budget isn’t too high, getting the return on investment to justify part two shouldn’t be too much of a hassle.

• Like 1

Here’s my order: 

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Gigantic

Untitled Andrew Stanton project @cookie @Spagspiria you’ll get a spoonful sometime next weekend 

Valkyries vs Galaxy

Smells Like School Spirit

Dragon Ball

Inspector Gadget/Brother Bear/Brookshire

Lost Earth (this will be last as if I got into it first I know for a fact I won’t get anything else done)

The top five I am to get done by end of January so if my classes are too much I still have a decent amount finished and can finish some smaller films.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

I have not seen the final season of Voltron yet. I will start tonight.

But just based on how fuckin' rad Into the Spiderverse is and Sony letting Dos Santos and Montgomery helm the spinoffs/sequels...

They're not far away from being welcomed back to Cookie Pictures, I must say.

3 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

@cookie not that you can have another Black Friday, but this new season of Voltron may apparently be....even worse.

* looks at post I just made *

...Oh dear. No spoilers, pls.

Edited by cookie
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Spagspiria said:

There’s a huge spoiler that’s being spread wantonly on twitter so I’d avoid it.

I'm not going to able to see all of the season tonight but I'll go through it over the weekend.