cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

I think I’m doing Power Pack this year but should it be animated or live action? I am leaning towards the latter as Endless Entertainment is probably most known for family fare anyways and the Pokémon franchise is doing good with a PG rating.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I hope you do it well. I could never get over a major plot point to enjoy it.

I think I know what you're talking about and I understand your feelings completely. I'm definitely going into this one knowing that it's not going to be for everyone.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think I’m doing Power Pack this year but should it be animated or live action? I am leaning towards the latter as Endless Entertainment is probably most known for family fare anyways and the Pokémon franchise is doing good with a PG rating.

I would lean towards live action so the film can channel the energy from Shazam.

• Like 1

I have a story idea for a character in my Mario adaptation and would like some advice/input if possible.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I have a story idea for a character in my Mario adaptation and would like some advice/input if possible.

You can put it up in the same thread we had earlier and @Reddroast and I can both take a look at it.

• Like 1

I need your advise:

How do you guys go about summarizing the plot of a story? I'm writing The Ancient Magus' Bride now, and I don't want to make my story too long, though I've adapted the first five minutes of the first episode of the source material, and I'm already in the 700s in terms of the words count. If each episode is twenty minutes, that's roughly 2,800 words an episode. 2,800 times 12 is... YEESH. I know I'm not adapting every moment from the story, but I want to avoid over-stuffing this film at all costs.

So my question is: when should I writer in summary and when should I write in scene? I know I can't write almost everything in scene like I did with Sabrina and Yin.

Also, when is it okay to throw detail by the wayside in favor of summary?

It'll be really important for me to nail this down, because while the film's runtime needs to be on the longer side, that might not necessarily mean that the word count has to be obscene--as it shouldn't be, especially when the film is light on action.

Edited by Slambros

It's ultimately up to you where you want detail to come in, but personally, I think it's something where I commit to some level of detail through the entire film. It's distracting if 300 words cover 1 scene but 100 cover 3. 

I don't have much experience adapting full series, but I imagine there would be subplots to get rid of if needed. You can also adapt only a few episodes if needed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@Blankments next week is the finale and I’m already pissed (though 3/4 was good) about a character.

hmmm? i thought these episodes were pretty good for the most part outside how they've handled kelly all season

2 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I need your advise:

How do you guys go about summarizing the plot of a story? I'm writing The Ancient Magus' Bride now, and I don't want to make my story too long, though I've adapted the first five minutes of the first episode of the source material, and I'm already in the 700s in terms of the words count. If each episode is twenty minutes, that's roughly 2,800 words an episode. 2,800 times 12 is... YEESH. I know I'm not adapting every moment from the story, but I want to avoid over-stuffing this film at all costs.

So my question is: when should I writer in summary and when should I write in scene? I know I can't write almost everything in scene like I did with Sabrina and Yin.

Also, when is it okay to throw detail by the wayside in favor of summary?

It'll be really important for me to nail this down, because while the film's runtime needs to be on the longer side, that might not necessarily mean that the word count has to be obscene--as it shouldn't be, especially when the film is light on action.

What I did with one piece was use the first major story arc as a base and trimmed less important details an characters

• Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

hmmm? i thought these episodes were pretty good for the most part outside how they've handled kelly all season

I agree. I just didn’t like one thing in the episode this week. Quality for Season 4 has been good, but for every 4 episodes each week, I have mixed feelings or dislike one. I liked all four episodes but an obvious twist ruined a character for me.

• Like 1