cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

1 hour ago, cookie said:

Need suggestions for a female director who can do sci-fi/action but also drama and intimate character work i.e. a Patty Jenkins that’s more likely to be available.

Going off her month of March id say Brie Larson.

7 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Anyone know any African or African American songwriters? I have a big musical coming Y6.

Lin Manuel Miranda. And anyone else who might have been involved with Hamilton.

There's also Dev Hynes, who releases music under the alias Blood Orange. It's not an obvious choice but something tells me he'd be up to the challenge.

• ...wtf 1

10 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Anyone know any African or African American songwriters? I have a big musical coming Y6.

Brenda Russell, Allee Willis, and Stephen Bray wrote the musical adaptation of The Color Purple (Willis is white, but the other two are African American):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbL73Nml7LU

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Brenda Russell, Allee Willis, and Stephen Bray wrote the musical adaptation of The Color Purple (Willis is white, but the other two are African American):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbL73Nml7LU

You think they could do an animated epic, cause I’m good at using Russel and Bray and some one else.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Almost cried listening to this. WHEW.

Cynthia Erivo is a goddamned legend. Won the Tony for this performance too.

Spoiler

She's also performing the end credits song to Sp4rk...

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

Potentially Exciting Announcement:

I think I might try to revive my adaptation of the anime Banana Fish, with two caveats:

- The film will be a January release.

- The plot will be structures in bullet points and written in a way that is very easy to understand. There will be a lot of story beats in the film and this is my way to ensure the film does not feel overstuffed. I acknowledge that the decision lessens the project's viability as a major film.

• Like 4

Hello everyone; I hope that everyone is having a nice memorial day; just wanted to keep you in the know and say that I'm going to take a one week break from the forum and the game. This is because a close family member is getting married and I need to help prepare for the wedding. Thank you for your understanding and I wish you good luck with your plots if you've started as I have. If you want to send me feedback (if I've sent you a pre-read), or if you want to send me one of your plots for me to pre-read, you can still send it to me via PM during this timeframe and I'll get to it when I come back.

Thanks again. 

:ty:

• Like 6

Congrats @Slambros to your family member’s marriage.

@Xillix @cookie @Spaghetti @Blankments @4815162342 @Rorschach @Alpha @Ethan Hunt @lamamama @Reddroast

@A Panda of Ice and Fire 

Are we still game for Y6 Part 1 opening next Monday, June 3rd?

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 4