cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

So, I think I might want to post the Oscar Picks thread tonight. This is a strategic decision because I know some might not be able to send the ballot in as soon as it goes up--which is fine--so I can take a proper amount of time tabulating the ballots. Please let me know if there are any objections to this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slambros said:

So, I think I might want to post the Oscar Picks thread tonight. This is a strategic decision because I know some might not be able to send the ballot in as soon as it goes up--which is fine--so I can take a proper amount of time tabulating the ballots. Please let me know if there are any objections to this.

you could post it now haha

i imagine the latest I’ll send my ballot is is Monday, I only got December left

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

35 minutes ago, Blankments said:

you could post it now haha

i imagine the latest I’ll send my ballot is is Monday, I only got December left

December might be a while to get through. TUSG, TSW2, and Sabrina combine for about a 56K word count.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

December might be a while to get through. TUSG, TSW2, and Sabrina combine for about a 56K word count.

Isn’t Sabrina technically a November release though?

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 2:33 AM, cookie said:

@4815162342 the first of several cold open tests should be with you early tomorrow (fair warning - it comes with a huge spoiler)

Cancel this one. I've already found a cold open I want. I'll send it to you when it's done.

• Like 1

So remember when I said I'm just making three more Voltron movies and that'll be it?

Spoiler

CcCur7x.gif

Spoiler

I think I'm gonna need four after all with the new story I've mapped out.

Edited by cookie
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cookie said:

So remember when I said I'm just making three more Voltron movies and that'll be it?

Hide contents

CcCur7x.gif

Hide contents

Spoiler

Sebastian Peters to Rian Johnson:

Image result for you're here forever

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:
  Hide contents

Sebastian Peters to Rian Johnson:

Image result for you're here forever

If I may so I honestly want to keep RJ on board until the very end. Better to have one voice at this point instead of several competing ones.

And it's a page one rewrite so expect title changes very soon.

Edited by cookie

My plan remains the same for just one more He-Man after the fourth one. I've also got the vague concept of one more Silent Hill after Rebirth but theoretically I could keep that franchise going forever. AmDrag is over. Tattooed Teenage is over unless you count Syber-Squad being a sort of meta spinoff. Not sure if Syber will go beyond the second film yet. SWAT Kats... this third movie could potentially end it but it'll be open enough for another one if it does well enough. Amityville Nightmare will be over after the third one, so will Earthsong. I already mentioned the Ultraman plans.

Still wanna do the sequel to Carnosaur but it's not a priority. If I get to it it will definitely end that story. Samurai Pizza Cats is up in the air after the underperformance of the second. There's more material and ideas there but I'm not super committed. Considering a Gamera sequel as well but it wouldn't be til Y7 at the earliest. And I'll need to see totals on ByteRealm before I make any decision on sequels, though obviously I set one up. Extreme Dinosaurs is getting another sequel as well (sorry @Blankments).

Heroes Within and Friday the 13th are definitely looking to be franchise-starters next year. I also have one sequel for Voicemail in mind if it does well enough, though the concept could stretch out to more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, cookie said:

Hide contents

CcCur7x.gif

Hide contents

In broad strokes I assume they'd be

SHOW SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE

Spoiler

Film 1- Your Jackman movie

Film 2- The Lotor/Quintessence Rift arc

Film 3- A substantial rework of the Battle for Earth

Film 4- The Honerva War for Reality

12 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

In broad strokes I assume they'd be

SHOW SPOILERS DO NOT CLICK UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE

Hide contents

Film 1- Your Jackman movie

Film 2- The Lotor/Quintessence Rift arc

Film 3- A substantial rework of the Battle for Earth

Film 4- The Honerva War for Reality

You'd be...

Spoiler

Somewhat accurate.

Edited by cookie
  • Astonished 1

I've gone back and watched a lot of Rian Johnson stuff in preparation (his episodes of Breaking Bad - "Ozymandias" gave me a few ideas -, LooperThe Last Jedi) and the latter gave me a surprisingly good roadmap on how to approach it. I honestly wished I thought of RJ sooner.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3