cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

So some Squirrel Girl spoilers

Spoiler

Stan Lee (May he Rest In Peace) didn’t have a cameo but rather had a minor role in the film. I will still keep his role in as it is meant to honor him.

2 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Damn. :( The comps came up but the MCU and it’s films really have been a big help in helping me frame the Spark movies as I did.

Excelsior, my old friend.

The man was always an inspiration to me. I hope he’s resting well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Damn. :( The comps came up but the MCU and it’s films really have been a big help in helping me frame the Spark movies as I did.

Excelsior, my old friend.

The first one is a Jupiter Ascending remake and you know it. :Venom:

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The first one is a Jupiter Ascending remake and you know it. :Venom:

So Spark is Jupiter Ascending

Voltron is Guardians of the Galaxy

Mass Effect is Mission: Impossible

What does that make Shuri?

• ...wtf 1

31 minutes ago, cookie said:

I didn't start the JA comparison, you'll have to take that up with @4815162342

Young woman not satisfied with her life living in Chicago who suddenly learns of a powerful alien heritage in her past and is swept up in galactic politics seeking to capitalize on that heritage with a lupine love interest as her closest ally...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Young woman not satisfied with her life living in Chicago who suddenly learns of a powerful alien heritage in her past and is swept up in galactic politics seeking to capitalize on that heritage with a lupine love interest as her closest ally...

But there's no Redmayne...

Question:

Instead of doing yet another remake of an animated movie, is it okay if one jumps ahead and does a live-action sequel/spin-off to the original instead (I don't mean something tangentially related like I'm already doing with Countdown)? I don't have any real interest in direct adaptations anymore and doing my own thing with the material would be more exciting.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, cookie said:

Question:

Instead of doing yet another remake of an animated movie, is it okay if one jumps ahead and does a live-action sequel/spin-off to the original instead (I don't mean something tangentially related like I'm already doing with Countdown)? I don't have any real interest in direct adaptations anymore and doing my own thing with the material would be more exciting.

Explain your idea.

14 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Explain your idea.

I have two, one I can't announce yet and the other being:

Spoiler

A sequel to Atlantis: The Lost Empire instead of a direct adaptation. The only interest I had in remaking the original was if I somehow found Joss Whedon's original draft online but it's not out there, but some of the rumored scrapped concepts I could possibly build a follow-up around.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, cookie said:

Question:

considering that the original bombed ages ago, something directly related to it would(should) have a huge hill to climb at the BO.

Better off just doing your own thing

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cookie said:

I have two, one I can't announce yet and the other being:

Reveal hidden contents

I mean you could still remake it and have it do its own thing. Don't do what Treasure Planet did. :hahaha:

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

considering that the original bombed ages ago, something directly related to it would(should) have a huge hill to climb at the BO.

Better off just doing your own thing

It didn't really do worse than The Emperor's New Groove tbf

I mean I only have like the vaguest idea of what to do with it anyway so it's not going to happen anytime soon.