CAYOM 3.0 Year 1 (2017) Discussion Thread

It's possible I may need an hour or two past the deadline to polish up Voltron but I'm working as hard as I can. I'm on the third act right now and I'm telling you, the thing is long (and still a very abridged version of the first season of the Netflix series).

11,912 words. Better than I expected, but still the craziest writing session I've ever had to endure (and that includes Scrooge McDuck where I spent half a day rewriting the third act since I lost it before the deadline).

Edited by cookie

4 minutes ago, Xillix said:

To be completely honest I don't think I have the energy to write up detailed reviews for everything. I'm probably gonna do little one or two sentence "pull quotes" with star ratings.

Most reviews aren't pretty detailed. Like to keep them short (because there are so many films to cover).

Unless you make a movie like Kansas where one to two sentence reviews are thrown out the window :lol:

Edited by Rorschach

I'm hoping my output is much better in Year 2. I blame the lack of films coming from me on the fact that I really didn't have a plan going into Year 1 about what I wanted to write, and I ended up slacking off on a lot of major films that I really wanted to write because they seemed daunting. Writing in general kinda takes the energy out of me but I often have a really good idea of what I want my finished products to look like (for example, I had a couple of ideas for Sonic that I really liked and really wanted to put on "paper", but I ended up just getting bored with the bits and pieces in-between).

A ton of my stuff that didn't get finished this year will be getting released in Year 2, but some of the stuff I'll just throw out because they were never really interesting ideas to begin with.

Final schedule is up now in the first post of the Part I thread! Have some statistics cuz they're fun!

Overall there are 104 films on the schedule for Y1; 8 in January, 9 in February, 10 in March, 7 in April, 9 in May, 10 in June, 8 in July, 7 in August, 10 in September, 10 in October, 7 in November, and 9 in December. 

6 films are rated G, 14 are PG, 51 are PG-13, and 33 are R.

27 films are in 3D, and 20 are in IMAX.

18 films have budgets of $10 million or less, and 17 have budgets of $100 million or more.

The shortest movie is Dangerous Beauty at 79 minutes. The longest is River of Death at 147 minutes.

There are 22 movies over two hours long, and also 22 movies under an hour and a half long.

@Xillix has 35 (!) films on the schedule (uhhhhhh... sorry about that?)

@Hiccup23 has 22 films on the schedule

@cookie has 18 films on the schedule

@Bastien has 9 films on the schedule

@Alpha has 7 films on the schedule

@Spaghetti of 1000 Planets has 7 films on the schedule

@ChD has 2 films on the schedule

@Electric has 2 films on the schedule

@Ethan Hunt has 2 films on the schedule

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2