Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So PG DragonBorns or Argonaut in December.

Spoiler

Argonaut in December and no DragonBorns is where it might be heading but I’m still 50/50 RN

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

Argonaut in December and no DragonBorns is where it might be heading but I’m still 50/50 RN

I’m still positive at best Argonaut is doing $300M DOM but the other news saddens me.

Of course, I would need to make a major schedule change. One that would fuck over a lot of people. Not cause Of Tintin but I’m more worried about Mario.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m still positive at best Argonaut is doing $300M DOM but the other news saddens me.

Of course, I would need to make a major schedule change. One that would fuck over a lot of people. Not cause Of Tintin but I’m more worried about Mario.

I don’t have expectations over $300m either. It’s a prequel that’s more about advancing a certain theme and character development than it is advancing the overarching narrative, which is what Crackle is for - Crackle is the proper Scrooge 3, Argonaut is not.

A lot of this is down to circumstance. I might actually end up being pretty busy this summer (enrolling in a new program starting in May that’ll help people with a diagnosis like me find a job), so I kinda want to cut my tentpole slate down to the essentials (Voltron and Scrooge) and not be overwhelmed while I try to do Y7 prepping at the same time. DB I still haven’t found a solid story structure for and being a franchise starter there’s no need to have it out in this or that year, so out of the three it makes the most sense to push back.

(And if DB does get pushed back to Y7, Project Paradise becomes a Y8 release so my Y7 five be TSW3, Voltron 4, Crackle, Zelda and DB)

But I haven’t made the call on any of it yet, so I’m not moving anything until I do. I still plan to have Voltron 3 and Scrooge 0.5 finished before Part 1 starts, just so there’s a real guarantee they’re coming out and everyone has plenty of time in advance to read them should they so please. 

I’m going to Gothenburg on Monday and once I’m back on Tuesday I’ll be making the call.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, cookie said:

(And if DB does get pushed back to Y7, Project Paradise becomes a Y8 release so my Y7 five be TSW3, Voltron 4, Crackle, Zelda and DB)

FTR if this does come to pass this will be my Y8 slate:

Spoiler

TSW4

Paradise

SkyRiders

Fire Emblem

Scandinavia Chronicles

Countdown

Edit: Yeah yeah yeah, I know. Laugh it up all you want.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

@cayommagazine

The Lonely Haunts Club: Dance of The Dead

From the studio who bought you Blue and Gold and the minds behind Annabelle: Creation and Gravity Falls comes an all new franchise for Endless Entertainment. 

Alex Hirsch will direct the project as David F Samberg with help write and produce

Described as a mix of Men and Black and Ghostbusters in high school, the story is about Tiana (Yara Shahidi), a popular and kind hearted high school junior finds out she suddenly has the ability to see and communicate with spirits as well as magical abilities, and is thrusted into a world where it turns of some of nerdy classmates are part of a paranormal task force known as ARF (Apparation Retrieval Force) (other names like PISS (Paranormal Investigation and Security Squadron) were considered but no one could take the name seriously). Led by Xavier Woods (Harrison Ford), a human-vampire-sorcerer hybrid and the oldest protector of humanity. As Tiana adjusts to her new life and clashing with her fellow agents, they must work together to stop Duke Bloodstone (Daniel Radcliffe), a 170 year old dark sorcerer from obtaining the Soul Key to obtain power over life and death as well as raise an army of the dead, meaning... our heroes may not make it to this year’s Harvest Dance or parties with underage drinking.... also the end of the world but who cares”

The ensemble cast features:

Our other ARF agents and:

• Finn Wolfhard as Barry Brookshire, a know it all and rather annoying freshman who happens to be one of the smartest minds in the world and paranormal expert

• Thomasin McKenzie as Wendy Dorr, a goth girl senior with a love for the macabre who happens to be the Rambo/Lara Croft of mythical monster hunting and expeditions

• Ned Batalon as Freddy Zhang, a wannabe hypeman who desire to be on the top of the social food chain... who happens to be part werewolf, so his night plans are pretty full.

• Genesis Rodriguez as Moon, the energetic scientist behind some of the gadgets and gizmos ARF agents use.

Bad guys:

• Daniel Radcliffe as Duke Bloodstone, angry evil sorcerer? Check. Rage against humanity for his imprisonment? Check. 

• Brian Tyree Henry as Shard, a hulking gargoyle made of stone and Duke’s lieutenant 

• Marsai Martin as Whitney, a ghost majordomo who is has been alive for centuries

The rating will be PG-13 but they’ll definitely be pushing the rating with an $100M+ budget.

Haunts Club will arrive in theaters, Easter Y6.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@cayommagazine

From the studio who bought you Blue and Gold and the minds behind Annabelle: Creation and Gravity Falls comes an all new franchise for Endless Entertainment. 

Alex Hirsch will direct the project as David F Samberg with help write and produce

Described as a mix of Men and Black and Ghostbusters in high school, the story is about Tiana (Yara Shahidi), a popular and kind hearted high school junior finds out she suddenly has the ability to see and communicate with spirits as well as magical abilities, and is thrusted into a world where it turns of some of nerdy classmates are part of a paranormal task force known as ARF (Apparation Retrieval Force) (other names like PISS (Paranormal Investigation and Security Squadron) were considered but no one could take the name seriously). Led by Xavier Woods (Harrison Ford), a human-vampire-sorcerer hybrid and the oldest protector of humanity. As Tiana adjusts to her new life and clashing with her fellow agents, they must work together to stop Duke Bloodstone (Daniel Radcliffe), a 170 year old dark sorcerer from obtaining the Soul Key to obtain power over life and death as well as raise an army of the dead, meaning... our heroes may not make it to this year’s Harvest Dance or parties with underage drinking.... also the end of the world but who cares”

• Finn Wolfhard as Barry Brookshire, a know it all and rather annoying freshman who happens to be one of the smartest minds in the world and paranormal expert

• Thomasin McKenzie as Wendy Dorr, a goth girl senior with a love for the macabre who happens to be the Rambo/Lara Croft of mythical monster hunting and expeditions

• Ned Batalon as Freddy Zhang, a wannabe hypeman who desire to be on the top of the social food chain... who happens to be part werewolf, so his night plans are pretty full.

• Genesis Rodriguez as Moon, the energetic scientist behind some of the gadgets and gizmos ARF agents use.

Bad guys:

• Daniel Radcliffe as Duke Bloodstone, angry evil sorcerer? Check. Rage against humanity for his imprisonment? Check. 

• Brian Tyree Henry as Shard, a hulking gargoyle made of stone and Duke’s lieutenant 

• Marsai Martin as Whitney, a ghost majordomo who is has been alive for centuries

The rating will be PG-13 but they’ll definitely be pushing the rating with an $100M+ budget.

Haunts Club will arrive in theaters, Easter Y6

Barry Brookshire is still alive! Any updates on Countdown to Extinction @cookie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@cayommagazine

Bad guys:

Haunts Club will arrive in theaters, Easter Y6.

Very happy to see that you've found your footing with this project!

• Like 1

@CayomMagazine

New Journey Pictures has sent out a casting call to find an actor to play the role of Joe in a potential Megalo Box film. The studio wants to find an individual who fits the vibe given off by the following image:

joe-megalo-box-87.1.jpg&key=06282af1154c

Edited by Slambros

@cayommagazine

Tom Hardy and Ana De Armas sign on for The Lonely Haunts Club: Dance of the Dead. The former is described as a strict and no nonsense teacher with some dark secrets and the latter is being reserved for the sequel but will appear in a small role in the first.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 11:57 PM, cookie said:

FTR if this does come to pass this will be my Y8 slate:

Reveal hidden contents

Edit: Yeah yeah yeah, I know. Laugh it up all you want.

Countdown to Countdown.

• Haha 1

@cayommagazine

Sean Schemmel (Dragon Ball Z) joins the cast of Endless Animation’s Toons as Kai and potential replacing Eric Bauza’s Hammer Hands, a jovial half wolf, half human demigod fighter from the popular anime Fighters Of Freedom, who joins the toon squad with Ashley (Olivia Cooke) as he has received a live action remake that has little to no resemblance of the original anime but is actual a very bad action film (sort of like Dragonball: Evolution).

Kai is animated very similar to Dragon Ball Z focusing on a very anime like design to help him contrast with other toon counterparts.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@cayommagazine

Sean Schemmel (Dragon Ball Z) joins the cast of Endless Animation’s Toons as Kai and potential replacing Eric Bauza’s Hammer Hands, a jovial half wolf, half human demigod fighter from the popular anime Fighters Of Freedom, who joins the toon squad with Ashley (Olivia Cooke) as he has received a live action remake that has little to no resemblance of the original anime but is actual a very bad action film (sort of like Dragonball: Evolution).

Kai is animated very similar to Dragon Ball Z focusing on a very anime like design to help him contrast with other toon counterparts.

So will this character be dropped on his head like Goku?

• Like 1

THE AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE ANNOUNCES ANNUAL TOP 10 FILMS FOR YEAR 5

An annual tradition for the American Film Institue, they are pleased to announce the top 10 films of Year 5.

Using statistics from both the Critical Consensus thread and the Review Aggregation thread, this list was created for AFI's top ten films. Films that made the top 10 in both threads were automatically included, while films with the next lowest sum of rankings filled any gaps. 

Without further ado, the films are below, listed in alphabetical order.

Note that because of a tie, there are 11 films on the list this year!

Spoiler

24 HOURS

Directed by J.C. Chandor

Numerator Pictures

BAMBI: A LIFE IN THE WOODS

Directed by Ang Lee

Lager Studios

THE EPSILON SYNDICATE: UNION OF THIEVES

Directed by Drew Goddard

Hourglass Pictures

OLIVE THE OTHER REINDEER

Directed by Taika Waititi

Blankments Productions

PILLARS OF ETERNITY: NEVER FAR FROM THE QUEEN

Directed by Miguel Sapochnik

Numerator Pictures

THE RICH AND FAMOUS

Directed by Tamara Jenkins

Hourglass Pictures

THE SCAVENGER WARS: PART II

Directed by Matt and Ross Duffer

Cookie Productions

STEEL STREAKS

Directed by Rob Marshall

Gold Crescent Pictures

SYLVARIUS

Directed by Chris Butler

Numerator Pictures

TWO LONELY BOUNTY HUNTERS

Directed by David Soren and Noelle Stevenson

Hourglass Pictures

A WOMAN IN THE CROWD

Directed by Jeff Nichols

Blankments Productions

Spoiler

Congratulations @Blankments, @4815162342, @cookie, @Xillix, and @Rorschach!

• Like 5