Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

@cayommagazine

Neil Patrick Harris and Chiwetel Ejifior joins the cast of Endless Entertainment’s adaptation of Meet The Robinsons; A Day With Wilbur Robinson. Harris will play the infamously evil and rather daffy Bowler Hat Guy, and Ejifior will voice a robotic character similar to that off Carl the Robot from the original. The film will be released Y6.

• Like 1

@CayomMagazine

Elizabeth Debicki and Tessa Thompson to lead Kelly Fremon Craig’s next film for Hourglass Pictures, which may allegedly be ready for Y6. The film is described as a spiritual sequel to Craig’s own NOTES FROM THE OTHERSPACE.

• Like 6

Cookie Pictures announces PG-13 animated film 'Lucid State'

As work on The Eternal Storm: The Scavenger Wars Part II and Voltron: Reunion are approaching the home stretch, Cookie Pictures is looking to different ventures outside of the sci-fi space opera and duck cartoon genres of which the studio's made its name for. One such project, announced today at an investor call held by President and CEO Sebastian Peters, is being led by its animation division, which is otherwise continuing work on the Duckverse as well as films like SkyRiders and The Legend of Zelda: Secret of the Guardians.

Tentatively titled Lucid State, the film is described as "a reworking of Dante's Inferno by the way of Can You Imagine?", of which a man, voiced by Dan Stevens, falls into a coma and has to find his way back to the real world while facing many dangers and temptations along the way, even succumbing to one of them could lead to him being trapped in his state forever. He encounters not only potential allies along the way, but also an inexplicable creature that pursues him from one dream world to another.

Like Zelda, the film will employ a '2.5D' CGI art style and draw its visual inspiration from many artists over the past century to bring to life its many sequences. "It's a film that mixes multiple styles and genres depending on what dream the main character finds himself in. It can be a horror movie, a crazy adventure, a suspenseful chase film, an existential drama... but each dream serves to forward the narrative and develop his character."

Peters stresses that the film is in very early development with no director attached. No release date has been determined.

• Like 6

@LagerPictures

Rosa Salazar and Martin Freeman have joined the voice cast of Bambi: A Life in the Woods. Salazar will be voicing Perri, a eurasian red squirrel while Freeman's role is currently unknown.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 3

@cayommagazine @jordanpeele

Smells Like School Spirit enters production today.

@cayommagazine

It seems that Taissa Farmiga (the Voltron franchise, The Scavenger Wars Part II, Kingdom of The Sun, Valkyries vs Galaxy) will have another franchise on her hands and be replacing her sister Vera Farmiga as the voice of Dana in The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. This was done mainly due to Taissa fitting Dana’s character better as well as test screenings.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@LagerPictures @LagerPicturesAnimation

Here is an exclusive first look at Patrick McHale's gothic contribution to Fantasia: The Next Dimension!

Spoiler

Der Erlkonig (based on the poem by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, english translation by Edgar Alfred Bowring, score composition by Franz Schubert, directed by Patrick McHale):

(0:00 - 0:53)

We open on a dark and misty night in the middle of a thick woods as we track a horse galloping at full speed along a trail. On the horse, we see a middle-aged man clutching a young boy, no older than five. The child, creeped out by the eerie forest, buries his face into the father’s black coat. The father hugs his child, looking down at his head sympathetically as he is visibly nervous though he hides this through his stoic expression. He shakes the reigns of the horse to make it go faster.

Translation:

Who rides there so late through the night dark and drear?

The father it is, with his infant so dear;

He holdeth the boy tightly clasp'd in his arm,

He holdeth him safely, he keepeth him warm.

As they ride along, the trail begins to get smaller until the father is no longer able to discern the path. The pathways become more narrowed between the trees which seem to jutt out in every direction. Still, the father keeps heading straight in the hopes of reaching their home. As the horse zooms past by a large dead tree, we see a cloud of mist start to form. Out of the mist, the face of an older man with a large beard and a thorn crown emerges, smiling with malicious intent. The mist follows the horse closely behind. The son, looking out from his father’s coat, notices the strange apparition. Terrified, he goes to bury his face back into his father’s jacket.

(0:54 - 1:23)

Translation:

"My son, wherefore seek'st thou thy face thus to hide?"

"Look, father, the Erl-King is close by our side!

Dost see not the Erl-King, with crown and with train?"

"My son, 'tis the mist rising over the plain."

Though the father is oblivious to the danger that lurks behind them, the son can still clearly see the Erl-King plain as day smiling back at him. The ghostly apparition moves to the side of the horse to try and talk to the young boy.

(1:24 - 1:45)

Translation:

"Oh, come, thou dear infant! oh come thou with me!

For many a game I will play there with thee;

On my strand, lovely flowers their blossoms unfold,

My mother shall grace thee with garments of gold."

As the Erl-King speaks, he shows the child images of this “paradise” using the mist as a form of clay to show him this. Though the Erl-King appears friendly enough, the child is unsettled by the apparition.

(1:46 - 2:06)

Translation:

"My father, my father, and dost thou not hear

The words that the Erl-King now breathes in mine ear?"

"Be calm, dearest child, 'tis thy fancy deceives;

'Tis the sad wind that sighs through the withering leaves."

The father’s efforts to calm his child prove to be for naught. The child trembles in his father’s arms as the Erl-King is joined by two other ghostly apparitions who take the form of two young females.

(2:07 - 2:21)

Translation:

"Wilt go, then, dear infant, wilt go with me there?

My daughters shall tend thee with sisterly care;

My daughters by night their glad festival keep,

They'll dance thee, and rock thee, and sing thee to sleep."

The two daughters dance around the horse as the Erl-King tries to seduce the boy into coming with them. The child, however, does not fall through the ruse and, again, tries to warn his father.

(2:22 - 2:51)

Translation:

"My father, my father, and dost thou not see,

How the Erl-King his daughters has brought here for me?"

"My darling, my darling, I see it aright,

'Tis the aged grey willows deceiving thy sight."

The father does his best to comfort his mortified son to no avail as he guides the horse through the ever-winding forest. The child looks back up from his father’s coat to see the Erl-King and his two daughters whose demeanor has grown to be less friendly and more serious.

(2:52 - 3:01)

Translation:

"I love thee, I'm charm'd by thy beauty, dear boy!

And if thou'rt unwilling, then force I'll employ."

The Erl-King reaches his sharp, ghastly claws down into the young boy, who in turn begins to convulse and writhe in his father’s arms.

(3:02 - 3:14)

Translation:

"My father, my father, he seizes me fast,

For sorely the Erl-King has hurt me at last."

The horse, feeling the commotion going on, is spooked and books it full speed ahead, seeing the end of the forest at last. As the Erl-King clings onto the boy, the father braces himself as the horse breaks through the brush.

(3:15 - 3:26)

Now out of the forest, the father sees their village ahead as the horse races towards its entrance.

Translation:

The father now gallops, with terror half wild,

He grasps in his arms the poor shuddering child;

(3:27 - end)

Translation:

He reaches his courtyard with toil and with dread, –

As the horse reaches the courtyard, the townsfolk gather around to see what is the matter.

Translation:

The child in his arms finds he motionless, dead.

In the final few seconds, we see the father collapse to the ground and hang his head, crying, as he holds his deceased child. The surroundings around him biggen to blacken as only he and the body are left in the frame. As the final notes play, the screen abruptly cuts to black.

503290.png

The Next Dimension

Catch the Full Film in 3D and IMAX 

This Fall

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 5

@cayommagazine

Robyn and The Lonely Island featuring Anna Kendrick to write and sing a song that plays during the end credits of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl titled “Be The Hero”.

• Like 2

@cayommagazine

Endless Entertainment greenlights Diabolical, an original super-villain thriller movie from Justin Lin for Y6.

You heard it folks, it’s good to be bad. Justin Lin (Star Trek: Beyond, Fast Five) to direct an upcoming supervillain movie. Diabolical is about Nathan Blaze (Michael B. Jordan), an all around family man, trying to support his wife and young children by secretly being the super villain known as Dynamo, who can control and redistribute energy. He is one of many villains in his home of Bludwig. Their number one adversary, beloved Miracle (Chris Pratt), the boy scout like alien with powers of super strength and flight who protects Earth from all threats while not killing. However, one day, Miracle returns from a space mission and has had a 180 in terms of personality which proves to be more popular, they’re also more violent, killing villains in cold blood. Dynamo, knowing something isnt right, must reunite his fellow supervillains when not only to investigate the change of Miracle but for their lives.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@cayommagazine

Endless Entertainment greenlights Diabolical, an original super-villain thriller movie from Justin Lin for Y6.

You heard it folks, it’s good to be bad. Justin Lin (Star Trek: Beyond, Fast Five) to direct an upcoming supervillain movie. Diabolical is about Nathan Blaze (Michael B. Jordan), an all around family man, trying to support his wife and young children by secretly being the super villain known as Dynamo, who can control and redistribute energy. He is one of many villains in his home of Bludwig. Their number one adversary, beloved Miracle (Chris Pratt), the boy scout like alien with powers of super strength and flight who protects Earth from all threats while not killing. However, one day, Miracle returns from a space mission and has had a 180 in terms of personality which proves to be more popular, they’re also more violent, killing villains in cold blood. Dynamo, knowing something isnt right, must reunite his fellow supervillains when not only to investigate the change of Miracle but for their lives.

Perfect role for Chris Pratt.

@CayomMagazine

As Cookie Pictures is closely monitoring the situation surrounding Liam Neeson's recent comments, his role in There'll Always Be England will be replaced by Sean Bean (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Game of Thrones, The Odyssey: Homecoming etc.). His character's role in the film will remain the same.

• Like 1

@cayommagazine

Skylanders has fallen.

CEO of Endless Animation, Chris McKay has revealed the studio has cancelled the GameVerse, as well as Skylanders. McKay said the decision was hard but they weren’t passionate about the film and that they have evolved past the need for the GameVerse franchise and that the GameVerse weren’t strong animated films at all, having mixed to positive reviews, noting that hits like My Peoples, Don’t Let The Pigeon Drive and the Oscar winner Can You Imagine?, as well as the upcoming Medusa and The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, the team had more fun and passion making them than the GameVerse franchise. Skylanders will be cancelled though the studio will continue to keep the rights of Spyro as they still have some interest in it but there’s no word on the other two though Endless will likely keep the rights for Crash Bandicoot.

In other video game movies, Endless Animation is still in development with Super Mario Bros which will come out Holiday Y6 with Duckverse guru Mark Dindal to direct. Endless Entertainment is also coproducing Splatoon with Horizon Entertainment and it’s Animation division Tall Tales Animation for Y5. Splatoon won’t be an Endless Animation feature though or fall under the same umbrella.

• Like 3

Dindal provides updates on "Zelda", "Crackle in Time"

In an interview with Mark Dindal shortly after the cancellation of Skylanders, Dindal was asked on the development progress of A Crackle in Time and his involvement with The Legend of Zelda: Secret of the Guardians. Dindal confirmed he has an executive producer role on the latter, but it bears no connection to Endless Animation's Super Mario Bros. film, of which he is slated to direct. However, according to him, "Cookie Pictures is keeping a close eye on how the Mario movie turns out." He mentions he's "very impressed" with what the studio has come up with regarding Zelda thus far, but there's "a lot of work ahead" yet still.

Speaking regarding A Crackle in Time, Dindal confirmed the recently revealed The Argonaut of White Agony Creek functions as sort of a prelude to A Crackle in Time, which has evolved into "basically Scrooge McDuck 3 co-starring Donald Duck". In fact he mentions Argonaut and Crackle are "part of a three-film arc for Scrooge that prepares his character for a later endgame", confirming that the Merlock tease at the end of The Number One Dime is the harbinger for said "endgame". He cautions, however, that it's some years down the road before all pieces fall into place.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

New Journey Pictures: Y5 & Y6 Update

The film production/distribution company has decided to share information about some of its products that are set to be releases this year and next year.

For Y5:

Veggies in the Rain and The Mona Lisa are the highest priorities for theatrical release at the current moment, with Wii Sports and Wi-Fi Winnebago trailing behind. The company has expressed the desire to release all four of those projects into theaters, plus their horror film, Face Paint, but warns that due to a certain issue that has been given the nickname "College", some of these theatrical releases might see their scale diminish, if they are to be released at all.

The company has expressed the desire to revisit the crime drama Banana Fish in another year, but insists that the story would have to be thoroughly outlined before the film is plotted out, due to the multifaceted nature of the source material.

For Y6:

The company wants to establish that the animated adaption of Y6 is, as of this time, the highest priority of all of New Journey's previously announced Y6 films. The film will address themes such as loyalty, devotion, and the relationship between servants (the Pikmin) and their master (Captain Olimar), as this is what the game itself does. The only spoken dialogue will be voice-overs from Olimar's journal entries to his wife, and an actor with a British accent (such as Ben Whishaw or Daniel Radcliffe) is being sought for the role.

The Feminist and The Neon Psalms are still a safe bet for release. The Graveyard Book and The Ancient Magus' Bride are waning, but are still holding on pretty well -- the main goal with Ancient Magus' Bride is to avoid the same pitfall that befell Banana Fish, another Anime/Manga adaption.

New Journey Pictures still wants to release a second animated film during the year, one that is an original. The studio is narrowing down the ideas that it wants to pursue for the position; one idea in particular would be for the kind of animated film that doesn't usually receive a wide release, such as an anime film.

If there are any other films that receive a sudden surge in passion, one that allows it to be released in Y6, then the film in question will be announced much more deliberately and close to its completion than what's been done in the past.

That is all.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1