6. Spark: Rising

5. Me and My Shadow

4. Public Eye

3. Life Is Strange

2. The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair

1. White Hurricane

• Like 1

10.  Lord of Flies @Alpha

Lord of Flies is one of my favorite books and Alpha has proven himself a strong writer. I am interested to how he takes the story considering it is taking place in modern times. While casting has not yet been announced, the director Danny Boyle is a strong choice. I am eagerly awaiting the casting announcement and am very much anticipating the release of the film!

Top 25 Potential: 90%

• Like 4

9. Dream Daddy @Bastien

As somebody who is gay, I look forward to any gay representation in Hollywood but the real question is: Will I enjoy it? Dream Daddy has funny title (I am not sure if that is intentional) for starters, which worries me. Will this be another B rated-LGBT romantic comedy that uses stereotypes for cheap laughs? Or can this finally be a genuine comedy with LGBT characters. Time will tell. I have enjoyed Bastian’s work in Year 1 so I have faith in him ;) The cast looks terrific (huge fan of Matt Bomer) and I am excited to see what the movie is like.

Also…..be prepared to get destroyed by Truth Is.

Top 25 Potential: 40%

8. Pyramids @Alpha

This is probably one of the most ambitious films of the year by looking at the schedule currently. Making a feature film based off a song: Well now that is original! I have always been obsessed with Queen Cleopatra and can’t wait to see her on the big screen. The actress who is playing her and Cleo is a solid choice. The modern setting twisted in with ancient Egypt is an cool concept and I am hoping the execution is spot on. I have very high hopes for this film. What actually makes me the most excited for the film is to see the costume design, art direction, and cinematography.

Top 25 Potential: 60%

• Like 2

On 10/17/2017 at 6:13 PM, Hiccup23 said:

9. Dream Daddy @Bastien

As somebody who is gay, I look forward to any gay representation in Hollywood but the real question is: Will I enjoy it? Dream Daddy has funny title (I am not sure if that is intentional) for starters, which worries me. Will this be another B rated-LGBT romantic comedy that uses stereotypes for cheap laughs? Or can this finally be a genuine comedy with LGBT characters. Time will tell. I have enjoyed Bastian’s work in Year 1 so I have faith in him ;) The cast looks terrific (huge fan of Matt Bomer) and I am excited to see what the movie is like.

Also…..be prepared to get destroyed by Truth Is.

Top 25 Potential: 40%

I'd only give fair warning that Dream Daddy is based on a video game from Game Grumps, and sometimes their humor can be pretty sarcastic.

• Like 2

7. Lance @cookie

This is another film that intrigues me for some weird reason. It has a fresh and interesting premise. The summary of the film gives me a feeling the film is bound to be a fun and exciting ride. The cast looks very promising and Christoph Waltz is a very talented actor and will no doubt be a terrific villain. I loved Logan and love Indiana Jonas so I don't see a reason I'd dislike this film. It will be interesting to see if the is campy fun or a serious film...either way I am looking forward to it!!

Top 25 Potential: 70%

• Like 2

6. To the Moon @ChD

To the Moon was in my opinion the best film in CAYOM history. I really don’t have much to say since I am familiar with the film already. This will no doubt be a sure fire hit critically, especially with me. I can’t wait to watch it again. The interesting thing of Year 2 will be if an outside film can defeat this film for #1! ;) 

Top 25 Potential: 100%

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hiccup23 said:

7. Lance @cookie

This is another film that intrigues me for some weird reason. It has a fresh and interesting premise. The summary of the film gives me a feeling the film is bound to be a fun and exciting ride. The cast looks very promising and Christoph Waltz is a very talented actor and will no doubt be a terrific villain. I loved Logan and love Indiana Jonas so I don't see a reason I'd dislike this film. It will be interesting to see if the is campy fun or a serious film...either way I am looking forward to it!!

Top 25 Potential: 70%

It's definitely not campy fun. I have enough campy fun films on my slate already.