9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Wanderlust

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

"Wanderlust" Review - No Spoilers really.

I wasn't expecting all that much, and it didn't really meet those expectations. What you've heard about it, is true. It's every possible hippie/commune joke stuffed into the movie, which can get a bit old. The plot seems to be pieced together and is fairly predictable, too. Anytime we're in the outside world of the rich suburban area with Paul Rudd's charachter's brother, the scenes are almost grating to watch as none of the jokes there worked for me. Basically it's one of those let's-do-everything-and-hope-it-works type of comedies, which, if you're having a night in with a few friends, I don't see why this wouldn't be too bad to pop in as a DVD.

So as a comedy, I didn't like it. I DO love the entire cast in this. It seems they all had fun, they all work well together, its the material they're given that didn't hit home with me. Rudd, Ackerman, Marino, Alda, Lo Truglio, Theroux, even Aniston all are likeable enough to keep watching the movie.

So, unless you really love the premise and are ready to see it thrown at you for an hour and a half i'd say "Skip it" or 4/10.

SPOILERS BELOW.

P.S. BOOBS! Jennifer Aniston does have a part where the breast rumors were coming from (supposedly it was in an early screening months ago?), but it was cut out for whatever reason and instead you get to see her topless on a news report (pixelated out of course).

P.P.S During the Credits!! There's a blooper reel early in the credits that's hilarious. Possibly funnier than the any part in the movie. And after the entire credits a small clip/fake commerical of Marissa (the suburban housewife of Ken Marino) getting a spot on the Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Edited by hogwash13777

Yea, I was kind of disappointed in it too. It was very at times but it got really fucked up in others. The 60 seconds of Rudd going off in the mirror about getting it on was stupid for the first five seconds. The last 55 seconds was just ridiculous.6/10

Yea, I was kind of disappointed in it too. It was very at times but it got really fucked up in others. The 60 seconds of Rudd going off in the mirror about getting it on was stupid for the first five seconds. The last 55 seconds was just ridiculous.6/10

And then it follows up with Rudd doing another 60 seconds of it to Malin Akerman.It's weird that so many critics loved that scene.
  • Like 1

Paul Rudd is my favourite frat packer, so my dislike of that scene has nothing to do with any kind of dislike towards him, but to me it just felt strange and weird.

B-. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It started slowly but from the time they went back to the commune for the second time the movie got really funny. I don't know when I laughed so hard as I did when Paul Rudd was trying to psych himself up in the mirror before sex.