WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

15 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

They already had their horror Ninjago, it was Annabelle 1, and they retconned that with the sequel. Crooked Man will prevail if it has good wom.

Annabelle1 was not one bit horror Ninjango. Made on a budget of only 6.5m, it brought 84 dom and 173 os.

The 257 ww is 39.5x the prod budget.

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

yeah, will match it's prod budget dom so that's good news but 3rd movie looks suspect.

good. please get vaughn working on superman.

NO. I want him for Flash Gordon. His style might work for that...then again it might become too much like GOTG. So.....he should to go back to his roots and do some indie British crime caper movie. After that some big hollywood project.

10 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I don't think Smallfoot will do anything higher than Storks/Ninjago. Hopefully WAG rebounds with Lego 2 and Scooby.

Folks have to try to figure out why Boss Baby would do 100m+ more than Storks. I haven't heard good things about Boss Baby. Was it Baldwin-Trump gimmick going through the roof much like Tina-Palin and that coincided with BB. And the baby itself seemed like a satirical take on Trump. Dreamworks certainly is a much bigger brand than WAG but WB is a major studio and wonder what would be the boxoffice if Boss Baby was a WAG film and Storks a DW film.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Lord and Miller's franchise has run its course already. It's done. Lego movie 2 won't do any better. Guaranteed to see a drop from first one...HTTYD style. 

if it does Lego Bat numbers with a similar budget WB will be happy.

say 80-90 budget, close to 2x that dom and 125 os = win (even if a big fall from Lego1)

Edited by a2knet

2 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Releasing 2 Lego movies in the same year was probably a bad idea.

Yeah. Also Ninjago to me wasn't that recognizable. The toy must be a big seller but lego's humor attracts a lot of grown ups I think and don't know how many in the GA have care for Ninjago. They could just have gone with a different superhero : Lego Superman Movie or something.

Edited by a2knet

37 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Folks have to try to figure out why Boss Baby would do 100m+ more than Storks. I haven't heard good things about Boss Baby. Was it Baldwin-Trump gimmick going through the roof much like Tina-Palin and that coincided with BB. And the baby itself seemed like a satirical take on Trump. Dreamworks certainly is a much bigger brand than WAG but WB is a major studio and wonder what would be the boxoffice if Boss Baby was a WAG film and Storks a DW film.

I think Storks was a victim of bad timing coming in a year dominated by talking animal animated movies like Zootopia and SLOP whereas The Boss Baby had a perfect storm of Trump, Alec Baldwin’s great run on SNL as Trump and a strong alternative to BATB. Storks is defiantly the stronger movie of the two

Although we haven’t seen anything of Smallfoot yet, the premise is promising and I think if it’s on par with Storks or better and WB can market it like they do with DC and horror then it’ll be a success 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I tried to find the JW weekend thread in 'Numbers and Data' but could only see the 'Actuals' thread. The 'Estimates' thread covered with jizz has gone missing :ohmygod:. Can anyone point me to the thread?